2006 Chrysler 300 Sunroof stuck in V (tilt) position.

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Electrical Problems and Questions' started by Tails, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Tails

Tails New Member

Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    AWD Touring
    Color?:
    Satin Jade
    Ok, I have read a lot of topics on Chrysler 300 sunroof problems.
    I also have this exact same thread (sorry mods/site owner I mean no harm by using your bandwidth) in the Mechanical problem section, but this problem may also be electrical.

Here is my problem:

My sunroof is stuck in the "V" position.
    When I hit the "front arrow" switch to close the sunroof, nothing happens.
    When I hit the "V" button on the switch, I hear a clicking sound coming from inside the roof about a foot behind the actual sunroof.
    When I hit the "rear arrow" switch to close and then open the sunroof, I hear a click on the FIRST TIME I hit the button. After that I no longer hear the click.

I have tried replacing fuse #44

I cannot re-calibrate because I cannot get the sunroof to move.

Any suggestions?
    :4-dontknow:

This is very frustrating and its about to snow up here in Canada!

HELP IS NEEDED!

Thank you :smileup:

2. SchatzieII

SchatzieII Member Military

Media:
    Vehicle:
    300C
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2011
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Dark Lava Red
    I have a service manual and I read and read troubleshooting but nothing covers running and shuting off except for the interupter circuit. This is way off, but check your runner under the "V" for an Canadian acorn blocking the close position, all the way around. Anything very small on the track can cause it to shut down and is tested by a pencil to do what yours is doing to see if it is the interupter circuit works. Diagnositic is lengthy and suggest pulling down overhead consule to check switch and finally headliner UGH.

3. Quiet

Quiet Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    The easiest first step is to check for a mechanical blockage. The glass track screws have a tendency to back out and you may simply need to open it up all the way and inspect the track.

If you can't get it to open up, then what SchatzieII ^^^^^ suggests is the next step.

Good luck!