Does the 300 come with an alarm?

Discussion in 'Newbie Check In!' started by Thesavage042, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Thesavage042

Thesavage042 New Member

Vehicle:
    300 Touring
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    I bought a Chrysler 300 touring (2008) and my car got broken into by punching a whole beneath the lock on my door. I always thought my car had an alarm system, but now I am not sure. I have been trying to make an alarm go off myself, and have not succeeded.

Does the Chrysler 300 Touring (2008) come with an alarm on it? and if so, what kind..when would it go off?

2. 08 300c

08 300c Member

Vehicle:
    300C Heritage
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Cool Vanilla
    Hmm, I have an 08 C and it has the factory alarm, it goes off whenever I open the door, hood, trunk without unlocking the doors with the remote. I believe you have to arm it with the remote as well. Not sure if it was an option or not since mine is a Heritage and comes with every option offered in 08. Maybe someone else with the Touring could be more help.

3. pioneer

pioneer Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2010
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Not on my 2010 touring

4. ToDieFor

ToDieFor a.k.a. EvilSRT Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    300C SRT8
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I'm pretty sure my SRT8 does... At least that's what I told my insurance company for that little discount.

Take your VIN to a dealer and have them look up your build. Or just ask them.

5. Augster

Augster New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2008
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Cool Vanilla
    A factory alarm apparently is not standard equipment on the Touring as we, too, just recently purchased a 2008 Touring and discovered that it does not have one after providing the VIN to a local dealer; it only has the Sentry Key Immobilizer System that disables engine operation when no valid Sentry Key is detected.

The dealer couldn't find any "factory" alarm accessory for the 08 Touring, nor could I find a security accessory in a Chrysler Parts catalog I just downloaded (though the Parts catalog for a 08 Caliber does show the Mopar EVS I security alarm as an available accessory). I contacted another dealer and confirmed the Mopar EVS I does not work with the 08+.

So unless someone here can provide their experience of successfully installing a factory security alarm accessory in their 08 300, I'm afraid we need to look to an aftermarket solution that utilize the existing FOBIK's with or without a separate bypass kit.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. Kevs300

Kevs300 Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Magnesium
  7. brannigan03

brannigan03 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dodge Avenger Heat
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2011
    Trim?:
    Charger R/T
    Color?:
    Custom
    My '07 had a factory alarm so I can only assume that the '08 would as well. I have heard that some of them need to be enabled by the dealer though.

8. Augster

Augster New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2008
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Cool Vanilla
    But what alarms are recommended that utilize the factory Sentry FOBIK's? I don't need a remote start at all living here in SoCal. And I absolutely do not want to carry yet another remote control along with the Sentry FOBIK as that would be a bulky mass of frustration to carry in my pocket along with the house key, mailbox key, work key, etc. ("No, I'm not happy to see you. That's just my car keys in my pocket...")

It would be nice if the dealer only had to "activate" an already installed "optional" full security alarm system, but my dealer had no clue that such a system is already present.