Door ajar sensor going bad

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Electrical Problems and Questions' started by wesdavis, Jul 26, 2011.

1. wesdavis

wesdavis New Member

Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    So I am driving to work thismorning and my interior lights come on and the car starts dinging so I look at the dash and it is showing a door ajar so I stop and check them and they all seem to be closed. So I start driving again and the problems seems to be fixed but about 10 minutes later the same thing happens. I have done some quick research and it appears that there is a module/switch within the door that is also tied to the door latch that could possible be going out. Is there anybody out there that has had this problem and if so is it an easy fix (i.e. take the door panel off and swap a switch/module or is it something that I will need to take to the dealership) or does anyone know of any threads that have been previously posted that relate to this (I did a search but nothing came back). Thanks for any and all help.

2. 1der4me

1der4me New Member

Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Inferno Red
    have the same problem

3. 1der4me

1der4me New Member

Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Inferno Red

I have the same problem

4. AZangelstouch

AZangelstouch New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 300c
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Linen Gold
    Door Ajar.... Still not fixed for 2yrs Now!

In 2010 the door ajar light went on and the airbag light was gone. I took it to the dealership they replaced the door switch and that didn’t fix it. They kept it for a month and could not located the problem. The horn would go off, interior lights always on....2013....computer was flashed at the dealership and they said the Door Ajar light is due to the Cluster Panel. (700.00) I have no faith that even it's the Cluster panel... Did you find the problem and fixed it????

5. William kelly

William kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2013
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I have same problem with door open warning coming on while driving. It has been to the dealer at least 8 times and no fix. Anyone have answer?