Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is getting old.
My 5.7 dies after starting, restart and does it again sometimes when driving it tries to die I feather the pedal to keep it going and it'll buck and surge but it keeps running. I cleaned the Throttle body, I replaced the cam sensor and crank sensor, checked all connections cleaned em used Dial electric grease On all contacts. now what more can I try? I'm toying with replacing the Entire throttle control body.
someone give me some ideas please!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah! Got a PO700 and a UO100.
Got an appointment for the computer to be reprogramed, seems they didn't finish? Think I'll replace my TCM too.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh yeah! Got a PO700 and a UO100.
Got an appointment for the computer to be reprogramed, seems they didn't finish? Think I'll replace my TCM too.
Hope this helps!
Just let them diagnose it don’t even bring up the TCM cause it could just be a connection. Got burned really bad once and it cost way more than it should have.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, it's still dieing 5 times this morning and tried to while driving 3 times. I'm at a loss
Is the idle getting rough if it is check your EGR and all your vacuum lines going to the intake you might have a leak causing it to break down

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw somewhere that can be a possibility so I bought a new one I'll put it on Sunday and check out all the lines .
Can't say I'm optimistic cause I ain't!
We will see. Thanks I'll let you know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw somewhere that can be a possibility so I bought a new one I'll put it on Sunday and check out all the lines .
Can't say I'm optimistic cause I ain't!
We will see. Thanks I'll let you know.
While your at it buy a chiltons manual for your car, it has troubleshooting and tips that could help find the culprit I got one it helped me out greatly with repairs and see what was involved so you could stop throwing parts at it and hopefully reach that light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it's still dieing 5 times this morning and tried to while driving 3 times. I'm at a loss
Hi I have a 2006 300c That was dying all the time. Sitting still and while driving. I replaced all the sensors, the computer, the gas tank, the front control module,
the throttle body and cleaned all the connections. And it still kept dying. Took the car to Chrysler three times and two other mechanics and no one could fix it.
One day I was at Auto zone and bought a Haynes Repair Manual for 2005 to 2018 Chrysler. I looked in the troubleshooting section, page0-26 and looked under "engine stalls"
It said there could be 5 different reasons. One of them was spark plugs. I changed all 16 plugs and I've been driving the car for two months now with out dying out.
Don't know if this could help you. But it worked for me. Good luck let me know thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I guess it's worth a try! Thanks for the advice. I'll order em right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts