Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 300's. Long time listener. First time caller.

Bought my 1st 300C AWD on Saturday. Took it for a test drive. Got on it a bit. Strearing very tight. Drive train VERY tight. Mashed it (a little) in town. Car filled with plugged cats smell. Went a ways. Mashed it again. Same thing. Got back to AutoZone where I met the owner. Told him the cats are plugged. Would cost me $1000 to get fixed. He goes to the glove box and shows me that the cats were just replaced last week. Battery was left off to reset codes. Said new cats just need to burn off. That the check engine light may come on again until computer resets. That it may still think cats are plugged. Never in my life heard of this before. But, never owned a Hemi. One year warranty on both cats. So I bought the car. Drove it 2 hours home. Mashed it a few times here and there. Same stench. About 50 miles in, the C/E light came on. Drove it 1.5 hours on Easter. Same smells when I get on it a little. Not even 1/2 throttle, once. C/E light still on. I'm an old school muscle car guy. Not much of a cats, sensors and all the bells and whistles electronics like with this 4x4 land yacht. I did read a few THOUSAND possibilities that could be causing this issue. I haven't brought it anywhere yet. Due to living in the mountains and not a lot of skilled shops in the area. I read one cause could be a clogged air filter causing excessive fuel dump (poor fuel/air mixture. Causing it to run rich). The engine bay is a bit oily. Due to v/c gaskets needing replaced. And noticed it has an open K&N air filter (that may be plugged). It also starts hard (5 seconds of cranking before it fires up). Read this issue may be due to bad fuel regulator or weak sending unit. But runs normal and strong other than these few issues. Last owner claims he only ran 93 oct. What would you recommend checking first, other than the K&N. Maybe injectors are gummed up and dumping fuel in when getting on it? Its very responsive 0-60. But an utter stink bomb. So something is causing excessive fuel dump into the cats, imo. Ive never heard of new cats needing burn off... Anything simple you can think of before I bring it to someone, like my local Dodge dealer. That Im sure will pretend to know less than I do. To fix the actual issue, last. Billing me more than I paid for the car, Thanks, Joe.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats why it was edited. Now **** off with your uneducated response 2 days later... "Unedited".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts