Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this forum, only 3 months into owning my 1 year old 300s and yesterday driving down the highway at 100kph and accelerating my engine light went on, felt the trany shift, found it at neutral and gear won't engage.

Stopped on the side, placed in Park restarted vehicle and it started driving Ok, engine light still on, when continued to drive that evening engine light continued.

Started vehicle this morning engine light went out, car drivers normally.

As it's Sunday and no dealer option, I checked the error code that's still in the system and I got p0730,transmision slipped.

Any thing serious? Vehicle is 5.7l 5speed just under 21000km on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello I'm new to this forum, only 3 months into owning my 1 year old 300s and yesterday driving down the highway at 100kph and accelerating my engine light went on, felt the trany shift, found it at neutral and gear won't engage.

Stopped on the side, placed in Park restarted vehicle and it started driving Ok, engine light still on, when continued to drive that evening engine light continued.

Started vehicle this morning engine light went out, car drivers normally.

As it's Sunday and no dealer option, I checked the error code that's still in the system and I got p0730,transmision slipped.

Any thing serious? Vehicle is 5.7l 5speed just under 21000km on it.
Found this...

P0730 is set when the TCM calculates that the transmission is not in the gear it requested.

The Transmission Control Module (TCM) constantly calculates the transmission ratio based on the input speed sensor 1 and 2 (N2-N3) signals and the calculated output shaft speed. The intent of this diagnostic is to detect if the transmission is trying to mechanically shift into a lower gear then the TCM intends.

When Monitored:
Engine RPM greater than 450 RPM, output speed greater than 180 RPM, no N2 - N3 input speed sensor errors present, no gear selector lever errors present, no ABS system errors, and all wheel speeds above 450 RPM.
Set Condition: No shifting operation and detected gear is not the actual gear. No shifting operation - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear, no plausible gear is calculated, actual turbine speed - calculated turbine speed is greater than 300 RPM or calculated transmission ratio is above threshold. During an Upshift - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear. During Downshift - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear.

Possible Causes
INTERNAL TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE

Hope it was a freak one-time deal...keep us posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car just did this the other day. I bought it on Sept 14, 2017 with 40500 miles and now it has 49500.

Leaving work, I turned on to the street and started to accelerate. Then it felt like the tranny was slipping. But it was basically in neutral. I stopped and restarted it. Everything was fine and the light went off a couple days later.

Shortly after I bought it the check engine light came on after it aborted a remote start. But I never felt anything like this and that one also went off after a couple days.

On the plus side, this is why I bought one with a lifetime warranty. It already paid for almost 3 grand in front end parts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My car just did this the other day. I bought it on Sept 14, 2017 with 40500 miles and now it has 49500.

Leaving work, I turned on to the street and started to accelerate. Then it felt like the tranny was slipping. But it was basically in neutral. I stopped and restarted it. Everything was fine and the light went off a couple days later.

Shortly after I bought it the check engine light came on after it aborted a remote start. But I never felt anything like this and that one also went off after a couple days.

On the plus side, this is why I bought one with a lifetime warranty. It already paid for almost 3 grand in front end parts
3 Grand for parts on a 50,000 mile car!!! are you driving down the railroad tracks?

·
Registered
504 Posts
There's been lot of transmission post this last few weeks....

if you are under warranty, take it to the dealer and ask them to check it and maybe flash the latest software in there. Might solve the problem.

In any case, the transmission going to neutral is the normal reaction for protecting the mechanic part when something strange is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts