Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 06 300 2.7 that is overheating. Water is being pushed back into the reservoir and was blowing out the weep hole . I have changed the tstat twice, new water pump, new temp sensor, new hoses, new reservoir, new radiator, new bleeder all done within the last 1-9 months. Second tstat was installed last week, mechanic plugged the weep hole this week because chrysler dealer says new reservoirs don't have weep holes in them. The system has been been bled numerous times. Checked compression on the engine and no problem found, no water in oil. Driving conditions are either freeway driving or stop and go driving. I always know when it is getting ready to overheat because the temp meter will drop to between 1/4 and 1/2. Both fans will kick on. It will then start to push water into the reservoir and then overheat.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, it's not the first time I hear of issues with the 2.7L engine.

I'm not qualified to answer your question but if my post serves to bump your topic back on top then that's a start and my small contribution to you hopefully getting some feedback :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like someone got rtv sealant in a water jacket to me. If you have access to a thermotemp gun aim at the block near cylinder wall close to the head work toward oilpan. a hotspot is possible cause for overheat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No 2.7 expert but every time i have had excess pressure so the water comes out The drain its been head gasget or oil/water heat transfer radiator... And for what i know the gasoline engine in the 300 dont have a oil/water heat transfer radiator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts