2006 Chrysler 300c start & engine noise problem

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by Stephan Williams, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Stephan Williams

Stephan Williams New Member

Vehicle:
    300c
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    White
    Here os a link to a video i recorded of whats going on My car was working perfectly fine yesterday i drove it to work at 12:30p.m. with no problems and didnt drive it again until 9:00 when i got off i got home with no problems what so ever. I was in the house for about 45 minutes and decided to go out and get some food i go to my destination problem free was in the drive through for about 12 minutes then made it home with no problems as well i parked the car on the grass so i wouldnt have to move it to let my dad out for work in the morning but when i got in the house i decided i would park it in the drive way instead but i went to start the car and it started but barely had any idle and it shut off i tried to start it again and it would try to turn over but wouldnt actually start. Then i tried hold ing it for about 3 to 4 seconds and it would crank but make an awful noise and kill. There are no check engine lights or anything. Im completely lost if anyone could help me out i would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2. dhoolwerf

dhoolwerf Member

Albums:
    Vehicle:
    SRT Design
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2007
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I think you may have a dropped an intake valve seat....that's what I'm dealing with right now. At this point, you may be able to pull the cylinder heads and have new valve seats installed.

When mine wouldn't start, I gave it gas while cranking. It started to run, but as the RPMs went up, that loose valve seat broke up and caused the motor to seize. So don't do what I did! Tow it to a shop, or pull the heads yourself if you're comfortable doing it. Or to check my theory without pulling the heads, you could remove the spark plugs and take a peak into the combustion chamber with a scope (I think you can borrow one from AutoZone or O'Reilly).

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.