Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more information on this swap. I’m buying an entire wrecked 05 5.7 300c and was wanting to drop the motor, trans, cradles, and rear axle into my 08 touring 300. I need to know if there are other things that are going to need swapped, specifically how will the bcm fare with the swap? Will it need replaced/wiped? Anyone with any information about this kind of swap at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a very problematic swap. Even if you do all the labor yourself, you'll wind up with more invested than the car is worth, especially going from an 05 to an 08.

If you Google "charger 3.5 5.7 swap" without the quotes, you'll find all the specifics on this project. It's been asked many, many times, but if it's been accomplished, I've never seen it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I haven't done a swap but I read about it a few times, and it is a lot of trouble. All the suspension part are different, depending on the package the car has. The Differential can be a bigger one to deal with the torque of the engine. Brakes are different, transmission and engine look fairly easy to put in, but then the support need to take more HP, so different. The frame might need a few extra support to take the extra torque and power. The Electric circuit is different, and then you run in to the CAM BUS. I have notice in a few picture that some part in the engine bay are on the opposite side. With all the time and money it will cost you. You are better to buy a used one. But hey if you want to trow your tool at it :3 Keep us in the loop. The Touring is not also 100% identical to the 300c, More space in the body for the wheels, a few inch higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts