Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few Weeks ago my car suddenly was acting funny and the lightning bolt light would come on and stay on and eventually my car loss power. I took it to a mechanic and they could not diagnose it they thought it was the PCM. I then took it to the dealership Who told me that my thermostat was bad and that was the problem so they fixed that and fixed my cooling fan which was apparently not working well. My car ran fine and I was very excited. Then about 3 days ago my car would not start when I put the key in the Ignition. I did not have any lights show up on the - except a red light. After a few tries of going back-and-forth the car would start. Over the next few days it got worse and worse and I eventually got it towed to a mechanic. He does not know what's going on. All the locks work and alarm with my key fob. The dome light works and headlights work fine. The last time I could get it to drive It acted funny like it didn't have much power and revved funny. Also when I was trying to get it to start I took the key out while sitting in it and pushed the unlock and lock buttons on my fob and the hazard lights blinked once. Again. When I put the fob into the ignition to start the car it did NOTHING. no clicking. No lights on dash except one little red dot that stayed on. After a few tries I could hear the cd player make a noise but still no lights on dash and no start. After about 30 back and forth from off to start it finally made it home. I then had it towed and of course it started right up for the tow man. Has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't know about the other issues, but if that "little red dot" was the immobilizer lamp, there's likely a problem with the key. Did you try a second one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the battery resolve the problem?
Definitely not. It is currently at the shop but they said they're "puzzled" they "think" the alternator isn't charging the battery in the car but the alternator is "good" or something. I had no symptoms of bad car battery or bad alternator. Just suddenly my key wouldn't start my car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't understand why the shop hasn't considered this, but the first thing I would suspect would be your key. If you don't have a spare, you need to get one.

It might solve your problem, but even if it doesn't, you have a spare key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts