Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I wanted to ask if it is possible to change swap the 2.7 L v6 engine with the 3.5 L v6 engine, and if it is are there any components that would need to be swapped as well?

I recently obtained the car, but the 2.7 engine is done for. I've read that the 2.7 isn't the greatest engine for this car, but the 3.5 seems to be a good fit for it.\

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, it's possible, but it's a challenging swap.

The most important thing is probably to find a donor car that's exactly the same as yours; year, AWD vs RWD, 4-speed vs 5-speed, etc. That way, most of what you need can be pulled from the donor car. Otherwise, you'll need various brackets, wiring bits, accessories and other parts, the cost of which will add up quickly.

From what I've seen, you'll probably need at least an ECM, engine harness, alternator, and possibly radiator, transmission, and/or driveshaft. You'll also likely wind up with a different rear axle, meaning that at the very least, you'll need an aftermarket tuner to correct for that so the car doesn't throw DTCs and go into limp mode. More likely, you'll need to take the completed car to a tuner for a custom ECM tune.

Unless you have the skill and experience to do the swap yourself, or have access to free labor, I wouldn't suggest it. The labor costs would likely exceed what the car's worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts