Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have A 2014 Chrysler 300. My ABS light or the traction light will not go off. I was told that I needed to replace the wheel hub assembly to solve this issue which I replaced it and the light is still on. What do I do next?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well 1st I would try to clear the codes. If you don't have a scan tool to do it, maybe unplug the battery for about 10 minute might do the trick. There is 3 possible problem from this, usually it is the sensor that go bad 1st. Replace the sensor whit MOPAR, other 3rd party company cause trouble and the code stick around. There are not always correctly build in distance and don't fit well. Then yes the wheel hub magnetic srip can go bad, so you have to replace it with a new one, has the srip is build on or in it. Then there might be a problem with the ABS control. In any case with a scan tool that can read the ABS it should point to the problem. If you went to a mechanic, since you had part change under his advise, he might do a quick scan for free. You could gambe and spend about 100$ to replace all sensor, but if the ABS control is bad you might just spend money for no reason. It's also possible the wheel hub you got is defective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts