Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm Justin. I got my 2014 300 S about 3 months ago and love it. Looking for upgrade ideas to get a little extra hp out of the 3.6. So far I'm planning on an exhaust with a flowmaster super 10 muffler with resonators deleted and a cai. Beyond that I was thinking about a pedal commander to improve throttle lag. I'm definitely open to suggestions for other mods though! I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome aboard, Justin.

About the only way to add significant power to a Pentastar is with forced induction.

On a smaller scale, replacing your single-into-dual splitter exhaust with a complete dual setup is good for around 8 HP. Hacking up your stock exhaust is not likely to boost power at all. In addition, deleting your resonators will usually result in drone.

Your stock airbox already flows more air than your engine can use, and it draws cooler air from the lower fender area. Most "CAIs" draw warm engine compartment air and won't do anything for your performance.

You might be able to squeeze a couple of HP out of the 3.6 with a good quality tuner like a Diablosport inTune i3, but not with the Pedal Commander...all that does is change your throttle response, and you can do that with a tuner anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard, Justin.

About the only way to add significant power to a Pentastar is with forced induction.

On a smaller scale, replacing your single-into-dual splitter exhaust with a complete dual setup is good for around 8 HP. Hacking up your stock exhaust is not likely to boost power at all. In addition, deleting your resonators will usually result in drone.

Your stock airbox already flows more air than your engine can use, and it draws cooler air from the lower fender area. Most "CAIs" draw warm engine compartment air and won't do anything for your performance.

You might be able to squeeze a couple of HP out of the 3.6 with a good quality tuner like a Diablosport inTune i3, but not with the Pedal Commander...all that does is change your throttle response, and you can do that with a tuner anyway.
Yeah, I'm not looking to get too crazy right now, but forced induction is definitely a thought for down the road. I'm just trying to wake it up a little bit for now. I like the complete dual exhaust idea, I'm going to look into that more. I hadn't really looked at tuners just because that's kind of foreign territory for me, but it's nice to know the throttle response can be tweaked with one. Kind of makes the pedal commander pointless if I do that! I really appreciate the tips! Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah, I'm not looking to get too crazy right now, but forced induction is definitely a thought for down the road. I'm just trying to wake it up a little bit for now. I like the complete dual exhaust idea, I'm going to look into that more. I hadn't really looked at tuners just because that's kind of foreign territory for me, but it's nice to know the throttle response can be tweaked with one. Kind of makes the pedal commander pointless if I do that! I really appreciate the tips! Thanks!
Keep an eye out for a complete factory take-off exhaust from a 300C or a Charger R/T if you'd like a dual setup on a budget. It's the same exhaust that comes standard on a Charger GT.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bro nice car I got the same exact one. One question though I cannot for godsakes find any details about the neutral/park safety switch on this car. I need to know where it’s located I’m getting a code and my car is not cranking. Code number is P0850

1 - 6 of 6 Posts