Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I own a 2014 Chrysler 300S 3.6 with AWD. I have 100k on her and would like to change the 8 speed 845re transmission fluid.I change all my fluids on a regular basis but havnt done the tranny fluid pan/filter yet. Chrysler doesnt recommend a fluid change saying its lifetime, but zf who builds the tranny recommends fluid changes. I know you have to do this thru the fluid fill plug, but doesnt seem to be alot of room because of the front driveshaft. Can anyone out there help me the procedure for this. I have the steps for checking fluid level once pan is replaced... But not sure what to to do regarding front driveshaft. Does it need to be removed? Does anyone have a procedure for fluid change in AWD vehicle? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello
I own a 2014 Chrysler 300S 3.6 with AWD. I have 100k on her and would like to change the 8 speed 845re transmission fluid.I change all my fluids on a regular basis but havnt done the tranny fluid pan/filter yet. Chrysler doesnt recommend a fluid change saying its lifetime, but zf who builds the tranny recommends fluid changes. I know you have to do this thru the fluid fill plug, but doesnt seem to be alot of room because of the front driveshaft. Can anyone out there help me the procedure for this. I have the steps for checking fluid level once pan is replaced... But not sure what to to do regarding front driveshaft. Does it need to be removed? Does anyone have a procedure for fluid change in AWD vehicle? Thanks to anyone who can help.
So apparently once front driveshaft is removed to gain access to fill plug, then theres a emissions roll test mode which has to be enabled or the tranny will start throwing trouble codes... Is this for the abs? Is there a work around for this? What a hassle just to drop a pan/filter and refill tranny fluid.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
53 Posts
My limited knowledge indicates that servicing a 2wd 300 with the ZF transmission is an expensive proposition, around $500 to $600. My 5.7L has 16 spark plugs - parts and labor will be in the same range. We have knowledgeable people here - give them time to get back with you. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts