Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm using the(ancel FX3000),thanks for the response sir...
That's an advanced scantool, I'm just not 100% sure it can read BCM codes.

The most common failure point for the Borg-Warner 44-40 is probably the front axle solenoid/actuator, P/N 68052258A.

I've never seen one fail without firing the "SERVICE AWD" light, but for what it's worth, it's a pretty simple and easy repair.

If it were me, I might be tempted to pick up a used one from Craigslist or a boneyard and pop it in there. A new one is around $150.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's an advanced scantool, I'm just not 100% sure it can read BCM codes.

The most common failure point for the Borg-Warner 44-40 is probably the front axle solenoid/actuator, P/N 68052258A.

I've never seen one fail without firing the "SERVICE AWD" light, but for what it's worth, it's a pretty simple and easy repair.

If it were me, I might be tempted to pick up a used one from Craigslist or a boneyard and pop it in there. A new one is around $150.
I put the car on stands today and the transfer case is workings because the drive shaft is turning but bo the tires,a grinding noise is noticeable to so I disconnect the actuator and the noise gone so I'm pointing to the actuator right now....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I put the car on stands today and the transfer case is workings because the drive shaft is turning but bo the tires,a grinding noise is noticeable to so I disconnect the actuator and the noise gone so I'm pointing to the actuator right now....
Makes sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts