Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 300 Navigation is telling to update my maps. I started the process and it wants me to load my maps onto a USB. drive and plug that drive into the computer to see if it needs updating. Has anyone ever done this and is it save to preform this function by yourself. any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I say just ignore the message, that is just plan marketing to make you spend money. If you really want to update the GPS because you feel you absolutely need it. (in a world filled with wifi and smart phone ). I recommend checking the Chrysler website, and read the manual for your radio. It should be well explain in there. Again if they tell you , you have to go to the dealer, then that is all plan marketing to get your credit card in the store. COME HERE SUCKER ! yeah yeah 6 year there are some change on the road, but I really don't think you will enconter a lot of them. Unless you spend your life on the road working and living. Then again the radio will probably die in a few year. It is a computer inside a car that vibrate a lot, sooner or later it will fail. And you will probably not have the car when it does, or need a new radio with a new GAMIC INTERNATIONAL to get your money. Like I said, if you are not sure about your car GPS, stop on the side of the road, open your smart phone / google map ( free ) and have also the free offline map installed in it and double check your car info also free !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I Think I’ll just keep to my phone for gps and not give in to the marketing. Thanks for responding and good looking out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts