Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have 2015 300s with the 3.6. Looking to change my Transmission oil. Some dealers are telling me it's oil for life and no need to change. A couple of dealers have quoted me, but they have quoted $995.99+Tax. I have researched the parts and oil and don't see this being more than $500-$600 of work. I am trying to understand why is it $1000 to change the oil. I am being told the entire pan had to be replaced, but the cost of Pan is around $250...

Has anyone changed the transmission oil at a dealer in the GTA, and if yes, which one and how much did you pay?

Thanks
A

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hello,
I have 2015 300s with the 3.6. Looking to change my Transmission oil. Some dealers are telling me it's oil for life and no need to change. A couple of dealers have quoted me, but they have quoted $995.99+Tax. I have researched the parts and oil and don't see this being more than $500-$600 of work. I am trying to understand why is it $1000 to change the oil. I am being told the entire pan had to be replaced, but the cost of Pan is around $250...

Has anyone changed the transmission oil at a dealer in the GTA, and if yes, which one and how much did you pay?

Thanks
A
Pay no attention to what an idiot dealership employee tells you. A direct quote from the manufacturer's website: "Automatic ZF transmissions are filled with our specially developed ZF-LifeguardFluid transmission oil. At very high operating temperatures, oil ages faster than under normal conditions. Depending on driving style (e.g. sporty driving or lots of high-speed drives), ZF Aftermarket therefore recommends a transmission oil change every 100,000 km or after 8 years at the latest."

Can't help you with a shop recommendation in the GTA. For what it's worth, in the USA, genuine ZF Lifeguard 8 fluid runs around $18-20 per liter, and pan/filter kits go anywhere from $50-100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts