Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 300c with HID, everything is stock. The right headlight has started going out. It doesn’t last too long before it comes back. When it’s out, the headlight and the light ‘dots’ around the light are also out. It goes out for 5 or 10 minutes at a time once every week or two. Wiring? Switch? Fuse? Something else?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes those are all possibilities. Check connection for oxidation. If the fuse was bad more then 1 light would go out. But check the wire around it and it does not hurt to check it. The switch is pretty new, I don't think it would fail but it's a possibility also. It might have build oxidation or got damage. When the light is out if you can short the switch with a wire it would turn the light back on. Bypassing the switch and confirming it is bad. Take the bulb out, and inspect the filament, just don't put your finger on the bulb. Other then that the high and low beam relay might be broken.

·
Registered
397 Posts
IDK if you have seen, but 2 more post came out this week with a similar problem. On different years to, it might be a defect that is surfacing, keep us in the loop if it comes back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t know. It’s happened twice. Once in Las Vegas and once in Salt Lake City. Not known for their humidity.
Well the mini fuse on my car was melted! Changed it & it's working so far. If it happens again, maybe check your fuse. I saw somewhere it's common on dodge chargers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Link tread for future reference

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happened again. I monkeyed with all the wires and connections. Nothing helped. He next day, fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts