Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 300. I bought it after having a great experience with my 2013 300. But with this one, from the day I bought it, it had a squeaky rattle coming from somewhere near the passenger side of the back seat. It was very muted so I did nothing about it for 2 years because I knew the service dept would never be able to reproduce it reliably. A couple of months ago it started getting loud. No pattern to when it starts but when it does it lasts for the rest of the ride usually. I sat in the back seat while my wife drove and it is coming from somewhere between the passenger back seat and the trunk. I stuck my head in the trunk and it isn't coming from there directly.

I brought it in to the dealer, the service advisor heard and acknowledged it. He said to leave it and they would look at it the next day. Knowing how sporadic it is I pressed to have a mechanic hear it also before I left. He said no. I went to the service manager and he arranged to have a mechanic go out with me and he heard and acknowledged it as well. I left the car there. They had it for 5 days and said they took the trim off to isolate the noise but could not reproduce the problem. I need the car so I went back and got it. 20 minutes later I heard the noise again.

I can't drop off my car and be without it for as many days as it will take for them to reproduce it. They won't give me a loaner car. They said I can rent a car myself and request reimbursement but I can't imagine doing that.

Called the corporate office and opened up a case. They basically said it is up to the dealership and they won't help me secure a loaner car either.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? Any advice on how to get this fixed. The noise is loud and really unbearable once it starts. I can't imagine having this car for 3 more years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like what happened to me it’s coming from the sun roof.
crack the sunroof vent and place 2 pcs is double side 3M tape on each side. You should see the worn out tape just put the 3M on top of it close the vent. It worked for me hope this minor fix helps you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was your rattle coming from behind the back seat (sounds like it is between the seat and the trunk)? Seems like the sunroof isn't the logical culprit but not sure...I am trying to get it to be loud again but now it is muted so tough to tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts