Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought my first 300c and I’m planning on buying some wheels tomorrow.

All wheels are 22 x 8.5. I’ve been reading a lot over the past few days, but I couldn’t find any straight forward answers to what size tyres would be most suitable for these wheels.

I’m looking for a decent look yet comfortable ride. Would I be better off buying 4 tyres of 265/35/22 or 255/35/22 as I read somewhere that for the 8.5j the maximum limit would be 255?

Any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Paya, so what did you get ?
With a tire like those to get more confort you would need a bigger wall. I don't think you can have much improvement to make it more confortable. The softer you make the tire to be confortable the more your can damage the wheel from hitting a pot hole.

For looks, the larger you can get sound good :3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paya, so what did you get ?
With a tire like those to get more confort you would need a bigger wall. I don't think you can have much improvement to make it more confortable. The softer you make the tire to be confortable the more your can damage the wheel from hitting a pot hole.

For looks, the larger you can get sound good :3
Hi,

I got the alloys, but I haven’t bought any tyres yet as I was waiting for some replies if I’m honest.

I wanted to be sure which of the tyre sizes would be better suited for alloys like mine ( 8.5j - 5 x 115).

I won’t lower the car, so would it be good enough to have 265/35/22 all round without experiencing any rubbing?

·
Registered
412 Posts
8.5 is the width of your wheel, j is the flange type for monting.
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/chrysler/300c/2007/#trim-57i-eudm-335

if you take a look at the 5.7 model ( 3rd one ) they recommend 255 for a 9j wheel.
If the wheel is not push outside to much and the overall diameter is about the same I think you will clear the body.
But I can't say I'm 100% sure it will.

The AWR does have a 265 listed

Also found this,
https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

See the table, they say 255 max, and recommend 245 for a 8.5 wheel.

I recommend you take 10 minute and a ruler to your car and get mesurement. using there web site calculator you can get a better idea of the clearance you will get.

I know the 17 inch OE wheel have 22 mm offset and the SRT 20 inch has 25.5mm offset.

Hope this helps a little more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8.5 is the width of your wheel, j is the flange type for monting.
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/chrysler/300c/2007/#trim-57i-eudm-335

if you take a look at the 5.7 model ( 3rd one ) they recommend 255 for a 9j wheel.
If the wheel is not push outside to much and the overall diameter is about the same I think you will clear the body.
But I can't say I'm 100% sure it will.

The AWR does have a 265 listed

Also found this,
https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

See the table, they say 255 max, and recommend 245 for a 8.5 wheel.

I recommend you take 10 minute and a ruler to your car and get mesurement. using there web site calculator you can get a better idea of the clearance you will get.

I know the 17 inch OE wheel have 22 mm offset and the SRT 20 inch has 25.5mm offset.

Hope this helps a little more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the clarification Techno. That definitely helped. The only issue was that it wasn’t just the tyres..I think 255/25/22 would have been perfect, however today was a nightmare fitting the wheels.

I found out today (I’m totally new with rims and measurements) that the alloy wheels I bought are;
-8.5j
-5x115 as well as 5x120 (multi-stud)
- ET40

When the mechanic was trying to turn the wheels on the car, it wouldn’t even spin as it was stuck.

I believe it’s the ET40 where I got wrong. Am I right in saying I need alloys that are ET15 for the Chrysler 300 (2007)?

·
Registered
412 Posts
HI,
So I had to look it up cause I had never seen ET before. http://forums.generationdub.com/showthread.php?t=25064

ET = Offset, from what I understand ET40 means you are more inside then OE wheel, so you probably need a spacer if you want to keep those wheel. They probably don't turn because the brake caliper touch or the suspension touch. The mechanic should have been able to see that.

Also The wheel should be Hub centric, I think it's 71mm from memory, you have to double check me on that. If the New wheel are not hub centric they will move a little and make metal noise like brake pads and no grease.

In any case if he made it work thumb up and post a pic in the wheel section ^_¨

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you the support Techno! After speaking to the mechanic and trying out some bits and bops, I decided to give the alloys back as it became more of a hassle trying to make it fit.

Learned a lesson on the Offset so I’m going for alloys and tyres that are recommended and going for a lowered 300c with 20inch alloys.

That should hopefully still look decent.

Thanks again for your time and help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts