Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one concerns the Navigation. Monday night I tried to use the UConnect NAV 8.4 to guide me to a town about 66 miles away. I tried entering the city name then street address and neither were recognized. I also tried a Zip Code. After 3 numbers it jumped over the one Zip I needed and the last 2 digits that I did need were greyed out and not selectable.

A friend has a 2014 300S. I gave him the details and he said his car had no problem giving him a route. He wondered if Operator Error was a problem. This evening I spent 20 minutes or so fooling with it again to only get the same results as before. I was using the “Where to” choice. Is this something a dealer needs to look at or is it Operator Error? I haven’t tried other zip codes, but this morning I was using the VR to provide a destination with a street address and that went just fine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think it has to do with the database and how the filtering of the search fonction works. I had some trouble with mine also under some menu. I would be unable to find a street name, but if I search the city and then narrow it down, it would find it.. The other possibility is that the Database does not contain the information and need an update. Some smaller city also when I search only display 3 digit of the possible 6 sometimes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out why I was having problems. I was looking for a location in Michigan but my NAV was looking in Indiana. My friend lives in MI, so he had no trouble finding it. Once I got NAV to look in MI, it went perfect. Live and learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts