1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I’m m new to the forms
I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with 3.6 supercharger I have the 8 speed trans
I just installed a new mopar rear 3.73 I had the speedo changed to the new gears and I’m getting P215C code after 25 30 MPH the trans goes into limp mode I have replaced the wheel speed sensors Tone rings hook a scanner up all wheel speed are reading the same as the speedo but Tran output is reading 10 15 MPH higher and is seem like all the speed shops around me has no answer on how to change the output speed has anyone ran into this before
Somehow I can’t believe I’m the only one that has try this

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had the speedo changed to the new gears
I don't know what this means.

If you change your diff gearing, you need to program the new ratio in the TCM. There are a number of handheld tuners that can do it, but most of them will only allow you to select an OEM ratio, which 3.73 is not.

A custom tuner should be able to write you a tune for 3.73s. They'll either have to install the tune themselves at the shop, or you'll need a handheld tuner that is compatible with custom tunes to load it yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what this means.

If you change your diff gearing, you need to program the new ratio in the TCM. There are a number of handheld tuners that can do it, but most of them will only allow you to select an OEM ratio, which 3.73 is not.

A custom tuner should be able to write you a tune for 3.73s. They'll either have to install the tune themselves at the shop, or you'll need a handheld tuner that is compatible with custom tunes to load it yourself.
That’s what I figure needs to happen I sent my car to Id to set the speed which they did set to speedometer and told me there nothing more they can do because of the code cost me $50 to do so
So I called and talk to HHP racing and they recommended DTP racing and that guy said he don’t think he can do anything to help me
I have HP tuner install in the car now I purchased Diablosport tuner also because I was told they are more user-friendly
So I guess I need to find someone that knows what needs done and tunes and programs
Maybe someone on the worms can recommend a place

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got my car back from get the trans program
Car runs great I guess 2013 and 2014 have problems with rear swaps
The guy at HemiTuners fix me up and said he has the program to do it now
My car was the Guinea pig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts