Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello swedish 300c owner here 馃榿

Just bought a 300c with a blown 2.7 engine and was looking for a cheap replacement engine but cant find anny localy. I did find a 06 sebring 2.7 and I orderd it today. Buy hers my question, what gasgets do i need to order? I guess i will have to move over the intake but what else do i need to move over and therefore buy gasgets to?

Anny respons is appriciated

And sorry for bad spelling but im not american 馃槂

Registered
If it's an R, T or U block, it might actually work. You would likely have to swap everything, with the possible exception of the heads. So you'd need a complete gasket set, belts, hoses, fluids, and incidentals, as well as a lot of time and labor.

The other problem is that I have never heard of anyone taking a transverse-mounted LHS block and installing it into an RWD LX platform like the 300. I doubt you'll find anyone who can confirm that it will work, or help you with the process.

By the way, your English is excellent. Lycka till!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If it's an R, T or U block, it might actually work. You would likely have to swap everything, with the possible exception of the heads. So you'd need a complete gasket set, belts, hoses, fluids, and incidentals, as well as a lot of time and labor.

The other problem is that I have never heard of anyone taking a transverse-mounted LHS block and installing it into an RWD LX platform like the 300. I doubt you'll find anyone who can confirm that it will work, or help you with the process.

By the way, your English is excellent. Lycka till!
Thx allot

I mean the same "gen" have the same timing gears and chain even as part numbers. So i assume cold and hot side gasgets and complete wiring harness and injectors if they arent the same and oil pan offcourse.

I will post an update this weekend when i have them both torn apart to short blocks

Registered
Thx allot

I mean the same "gen" have the same timing gears and chain even as part numbers. So i assume cold and hot side gasgets and complete wiring harness and injectors if they arent the same and oil pan offcourse.

I will post an update this weekend when i have them both torn apart to short blocks
Yes, it's the same design, I'm just not 100% sure it's the same basic block. Mounting bosses may not be in the same place, etc. Best be prepared to swap everything.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts