Chrysler 300 forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an 06 300C (an upgrade from a Jetta station wagon...) and I need it to be LOUDER! I'm looking for a balance of performance, sound and most of all affordability. I'm a real estate appraiser and the market's kinda FUBAR right now; low on fun money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link; i'm checking it out now. i'm sure i'm not gonna be able to afford a full system, even $600 is a lot to drop for me now. would it be worth it just to get new mufflers on it?

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Great to have you aboard with us here on the Z!!! Not loud enough huh? How about some cut-outs? Here's a quick clip of DMH LowProfile cut-outs...lol.​

Here's a link to DMH Preformance http://www.dmhperformance.com/ although I don't see the LowProfile ones on the site. May have to enquire about them? Enjoy the site...​

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Welcome to the 'Z', from Virginia. Glad to have you with us. If I may, might I suggest a Predator, and CAI and a 180-tstat for starters. The Predator is considered to be the best mod for the buck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome! If you want to be louder, you can do it real cheap.

1) Remove the silencer under your air intake. There are threads on the forum on how to do it.
2) Head over to Charger Forumz and find at least a suitcase muffler if not the full exhaust taken off of a Dodge Daytona. You'll be able to get it cheap, and it will be quite a bit louder than the base 300C setup. Best of all, no drone like some of the other solutions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Welcome to the Z. Well, if ya wanna go least cost, pull the stock single case dual in/dual out muffler and put some Flowmasters on it!

Leave the resonators on for now until you get the Predator so you can turn off MDS. If MDS is left on, with those mufflers, the drone will drive you outta the car!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.