Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum! I have a 2015 Chrysler 300S AWD and love it! it is bone stock, the only thing I have done was add a Chrysler OEM lip on the trunk. I am just looking to get a little more fun out of it by possibly getting a cold air intake, and exhaust system installed. Would appreciate to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
CAI is just for noise, if that's what you want it for, go for it.

Be careful hacking up the exhaust, you don't want to wind up with drone. Search YouTube for Chargers with mid-muffler delete and see if you like that mod, it's cheap and very popular. Just be sure to use stainless-steel pipe to match what's in there, especially if you plan on keeping the car.

There are some other good-sounding catbacks out there, generally they'll set you back about $1000 or so. Again, check out YouTube.

You can also modify your resonators, that's what I did on my '14 R/T Blacktop. I'm very happy with that, cost about $20 and adds a nice growl...to me, it sounds like the way it should have come from the factory. But it's not as loud or throaty as a Solo or Corsa catback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CAI is just for noise, if that's what you want it for, go for it.

Be careful hacking up the exhaust, you don't want to wind up with drone. Search YouTube for Chargers with mid-muffler delete and see if you like that mod, it's cheap and very popular. Just be sure to use stainless-steel pipe to match what's in there, especially if you plan on keeping the car.

There are some other good-sounding catbacks out there, generally they'll set you back about $1000 or so. Again, check out YouTube.

You can also modify your resonators, that's what I did on my '14 R/T Blacktop. I'm very happy with that, cost about $20 and adds a nice growl...to me, it sounds like the way it should have come from the factory. But it's not as loud or throaty as a Solo or Corsa catback.
I actually just did a resonator delete and it sounds a lot better especially when I get on it but not as loud as I want it to sound and I have no drone. I’m thinking of doing a muffler delete also and see how that sounds if I’m not happy with that I will go all the way and do headers with a full custom exhaust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts