Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Chrysler 300C with a 5.7 l Hemi in it I just replaced the engine wiring harness and now I've discovered that while I'm driving at a steady speed it will bog down like it's going into a lower gear is this normal someone told me that my car goes from 8 cylinders down to 4 cylinders?

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
93 Posts
I have a 2005 Chrysler 300C with a 5.7 l Hemi in it I just replaced the engine wiring harness and now I've discovered that while I'm driving at a steady speed it will bog down like it's going into a lower gear is this normal someone told me that my car goes from 8 cylinders down to 4 cylinders?
Welcome to the forum. My car is a 2020 300S 5.7 and I experience no ‘bogging’. The MDS transition is smooth and I only know due to the instrument panel indicator. Perhaps something else is going on here. A quirk on the early models?

Regarding the tendered article, I drove a couple of the 1981 Cadillac DeVilles with the panned V8-6-4 ‘one year only’ motor and found the transition to be smooth also.

A co-worker bought a new ‘81 Coupe DeVille with the motor-he also had no complaints other than he preferred the motor to run on 8 cylinders all of the time ‘like they were supposed to’. Disconnect a wire somewhere and the V8-6-4 would stay in 8 cylinder mode.

Going back to my car, I enjoy a considerable fuel savings with the MDS operation - 30 mpg is common on highway trips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The short answer yes if in overdrive the car will shut down 4 cyl for fuel economy. There have been some issues with valve seats dropping out on those cyl that at shutbdown if you dont let the car idle for a few minutes in park before shuting it off. Or I suggest taking the car out of overdrive a few minutes before a stop and shut off. I have a 2006 300c and have not had aby problems with the MDS but several have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts