Chrysler 300 forum banner

Aaaahhhh! I'm Such a MOD NOOB!

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Ultimatecarman45 
#1 ·
Okay so i have a million and one questions. This site helps me alot but this is gonna be my 1st car project and i'm completely ignorant to "car talk" lol. I wanna modify the oil out my car. I love it. I wanna make it look as nice as the cars i see here. by the way I LOVE THE SITE! Well I have questions concering exterior as well as engine mods. I don't wanna separate the both so i guess i'll place all my questions here. yes? YES!

1st things 1st... i own an '06 300C AWD Dark Gray (BTW what's the OFFICIAL name to this color?)

Exterior:
I would like to get the SRT body kit for my C with rear spoiler. Where can I purchase this?

I love the TommyZ grille but i can't seem to find a place to buy it? help? lol

I'd also like to buy the SRT wheels. Would this affect my ride being the SRT is RWD and I Have an AWD?

I seen some guys on here with eyelids but they seem to be part of the hood or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me? where can I get the eyelids or hood?

That's it for the exterior mods... for now.

Now Engine.
Is there any way I can get the SRT info screen on my C? (just asking)

If i were to get the SRT suspensions would it affect my AWD?

I want an CAI!!!! I read all this awesome stuff about the "Air Hammer" but then again I read the Stage 2 one is as good. so WHICH ONE is more recommended? what the hell is a pro dry?

I've decided to go with the Borla Cat Back System 140112 but i'm open to new suggestions... BTW I really love the sound it outputs! you can hear and see a clip of a 300C in action with the Borla system here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZL52VhROE

What other mods can I do to my engine? some essentials at least.

I can't seem to think of anything else for now at least but i'm sure you guys could help the poo out of me.

I know you guys might be thinking "why don't i just get an SRT since i want my C to look like one" truth is I WOULD but i live in NY and with all the snow and rain i need my AWD. Plus it's my first 300 and I don't wanna let go of it just yet :)

Thanks in advance you guys!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
answers in RED next to your questions

Okay so i have a million and one questions. This site helps me alot but this is gonna be my 1st car project and i'm completely ignorant to "car talk" lol. I wanna modify the oil out my car. I love it. I wanna make it look as nice as the cars i see here. by the way I LOVE THE SITE! Well I have questions concering exterior as well as engine mods. I don't wanna separate the both so i guess i'll place all my questions here. yes? YES! Okay.....

1st things 1st... i own an '06 300C AWD Dark Gray (BTW what's the OFFICIAL name to this color?) Silver Steel

Exterior:
I would like to get the SRT body kit for my C with rear spoiler. Where can I purchase this? There is no SRT body kit. There's the front fascia, and the rear wing. Both can be found on ebay, and occasionally come up for sale on the Z. Supporting vendor VIP300 has a front chin lip and rear spoiler.

I love the TommyZ grille but i can't seem to find a place to buy it? help? lol
That would be Victory Racing, another supporting vendor.

I'd also like to buy the SRT wheels. Would this affect my ride being the SRT is RWD and I Have an AWD? The SRT wheels won't fit on your car as the offset spacing is incorrect. With the AWD you will have a limited selection of aftermarket wheels.

I seen some guys on here with eyelids but they seem to be part of the hood or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me? where can I get the eyelids or hood?
The eyelids can be gotten from VIP300, they are a stick on type. You can have eyelids custom fabricated and welded onto your current hood, many members have done so, or you can order the TommyZ firepower hood from Victory Racing.

That's it for the exterior mods... for now.

Now Engine.
Is there any way I can get the SRT info screen on my C? (just asking) NO

If i were to get the SRT suspensions would it affect my AWD? I don't believe you can do a straight swap because you have the AWD, but if you throw enough money at it anything can be done. If you are looking to lower your car there are ways to do that. Also consider adding Hotchkis sway bars for better handling.

I want an CAI!!!! I read all this awesome stuff about the "Air Hammer" but then again I read the Stage 2 one is as good. so WHICH ONE is more recommended? what the hell is a pro dry? Get an Aria from Airflow innovations, another supporting vendor.

I've decided to go with the Borla Cat Back System 140112 but i'm open to new suggestions... BTW I really love the sound it outputs! you can hear and see a clip of a 300C in action with the Borla system here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZL52VhROE

Since you have a C, I'd recommend you get the predator programmer so you can shut off the MDS. This will help eliminate engine drone.
What other mods can I do to my engine? some essentials at least.
Get a Billet Technology Catch Can, change your Tstat to a 180 degree.
Add headers, do cam and heads, add hi-flow cats, add BT bling.... how much money do you want to spend....we can help you.

I can't seem to think of anything else for now at least but i'm sure you guys could help the poo out of me.

I know you guys might be thinking "why don't i just get an SRT since i want my C to look like one" truth is I WOULD but i live in NY and with all the snow and rain i need my AWD. Plus it's my first 300 and I don't wanna let go of it just yet :)

Thanks in advance you guys!
Your welcome.

#3 ·
woooo...lotsa questions. I'll give it a shot:

1. Color - Look on the sticker inside your driver's front door. Then, go to the Knowledge Base and look up your paint code. Here's a link to the paint code info there:

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1636

2. Either get the front and rear fascias and the spoiler from the dealer or watch the for sale threads here. Also, there are a lot of these parts available on eBay.

3. Get your TommyZ grille at Victory Racing, one of our supporting vendors here on the Z.

4. Putting SRT wheels on an AWD is problematic. You have the same lug pattern but the stock SRT wheel offset would cause rubbing on the suspension. You could try spacers but then you will have some tire/wheel outside the wheelwell. You might talk with Factory Replicas about what they would recommend with their SRT replicas and offset for your car.

5. I've see some clip on, plastic, eyelids but the ones that are part of the hood were cut from metal and grafted onto the stock hood. You can do the same thing...just get some cardboard and try different sizes until you have a template you like. Then go see your body shop. You'll have to re-shoot the entire hood after the metal is cut, welded on and smoothed out.

6. Not sure what you mean by the "SRT info screen". If you are referring to the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) display in the dash, it requires a whole new dash module, a new computer, wiring, etc...prolly not cost effective.

7. The SRT suspension won't fit your AWD. The front struts are totally different. I've seen some AWD cars lowered using bags but I'm sorry, this just won't work.

8. The AFE Stage II or Aria CAI's are your best bet. I haven't seen a new Airhammer produced or sold in months. You can always watch the for sale threads but don't count on them coming up for sale very soon. Not sure what "pro dry" is.

9. Borla makes a nice system. If you like it, go for it!

10. As for other mods, I suggest:
  • DiabloSport Predator Programmer
  • 180 degree thermostat (MotoRad #4128)
That should do it for now!

#4 ·
well these guys pretty much said it.

coule things for under the hood

portted Throttle body 84mm (better throttle responce) either get at new or port your stock one by sending it to vendor here Billettechnology

Torque converter

superpercharger :)

Exterior:
tinted taillights

color match side markers

colormatch inside the headlight housing

Demold :)

#5 ·
Also check with Tbryne for some performance packages, you might be able to fine a good combination and save some money

BMC has a large selection of CAIs. I would go look at them and see if you find one you like. They also sell the new JLT carbon fiber CAI which dynoed some good numbers according to them. no one has one yet either so you could be one of the firsts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.