Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my ABS and EPS/BAS lights just came on. they came on once about a week or so ago but then went off again. yesterday they came on again and seem to have stayed on now. haven't noticed anything different while driving, but i haven't been driving it hard at all, just a few kms to work in regular traffic. any ideas on what i can do or what is might be?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm having a similar problem as well. After my battery died and I jumped the car, my traction control light and BAS light have come on and won't go off. I've pressed and held the ESP switch and nothing happens.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm having a similar problem as well. After my battery died and I jumped the car, my traction control light and BAS light have come on and won't go off. I've pressed and held the ESP switch and nothing happens.

E: Apparently, to reset the ESP/BAS switch:

1) Insert key and turn to ON position
2) Turn steering wheel all the way to the left
3) Turn steering wheel all the way to the right
4) Turn steering wheel all the way to the left again
5) Center steering wheel
6) Restart car

I haven't tried this yet, but I will tomorrow morning.

E2: Apparently I cannot delete posts... so now I look like a newb who double posted... :(

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

5) Center steering wheel
6) Restart car

E2: Apparently I cannot delete posts... so now I look like a newb who double posted... :(
nice. thanks! i'll give this a shot tomorrow too!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i read in other thread that doing the left right thing in park can be bad for the steering rack and that you should do it in drive going nice and slow...anyways...i tried it this morning and it worked for me so far. took a quick drive around the block and it hasn't come on again, so hopefully it doesn't come back! thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I tried it with the car in park and it didn't work. First I tried with the key in the on position, and I could not turn the steering wheel. Then I turned on the car and turned the wheel. Nothing happened. I'll have to find an empty parking lot and try it while in motion. Hopefully it will work!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far so good for me, but i'll post back if it comes on again. good luck with yours!

·
Registered
18 Posts
ESP BAS - ENG LIGHT - Violent rumble etc.

I had all these symtoms today plus what acted like torque convertor locking up stopping the engine at red lights, erratic auto shifting, and antilock pulsing/braking rapidly almost causing loss of control in a curve. The ESP BAS light came on then 5 minutes later the engine light and an alarm and the engine started acting like it was only running on 4 cylinders under 25 mph and acceleration acted as if the engine timing was way off.

The image below is what I found and corrected. All problems accept the engine light went away. The second time I started and drove the car, the engine light went out. Because this apparently can be an intermittent problem I won't know if this was really the problem/solution until I've put more miles on the car.

If the problem returns I'll post that here asap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trying a short URL.. previous one didn't work.

I'm not sure why the image URL above didn't work.. trying the shorter one.

I also uploaded the image from my computer but can't figure out how to use it within this post. I really hate learning curves! :shakehead:

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts

5) Center steering wheel
6) Restart car

i did this when mine came on and restarted the car and everything has been fine since. no more issues :Knocking on Wood:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine went off and stayed off once i tried the above technique.....happy to say it seems like the problem is solved

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
I disconnected my negative cable on the battery last night to remove the driver air bag. The lights were on last night after a start up and again this morning when I started the car and stayed on for my morning commute to work. When I ran to the audio shop around 10 they were still on but when I went out for lunch they were off and have been off ever sense.

I believe lights thrown for no reason will clear themselves after 3 full on/off cycles. By full I mean, the car warming up to normal running temp then cooling down after being off for a while.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
So heres the truth....
It means something, but if ignored doesnt mean anything lol

It usually happens to me in the winter when i'm sliding around and my brakes freeze over night from the snow jammed in them
that or if you've recently hit them hard could have done something to the sensor temporarily

·
Registered
18 Posts
My key dance codes P0335 and P0339 (bad crankshaft position sensor) were right. Replaced with MOPAR 1-56028815AA on my 2005 300C RWD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying a short URL.. previous one didn't work.

I'm not sure why the image URL above didn't work.. trying the shorter one.

I also uploaded the image from my computer but can't figure out how to use it within this post. I really hate learning curves! :shakehead:

So what exactly did you find out? I'm having these same symptoms on my 07 300. Please help!!

·
Administrator
385 Posts
So what exactly did you find out? I'm having these same symptoms on my 07 300. Please help!!
If you have the ESP/BAS, ABS & Mr Squiggles lights on and the cruise control does not work you most likely have a ABS wheel speed sensor gone bad. A regular scanner will not read those codes as they are advanced codes and requires a scanner that can read advanced codes. I would check with the local parts houses to see if theirs can read advanced codes and have them read them since most do it for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same car exact same problem Inventor stated.. same symptoms jkelly16 stated ... got left wheel sensor changed today still drives funny , do you think it’s other 3 wheels ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts