Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is what's going on. My car is a 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi blew the engine n I replace it with a 2008 dodge charger 5.7 hemi.. Well the mechanic swap it .. But got it back n the check engine n alternator light comes on and it Does NOT charge, the battery Is brand new.. A lot of parts fr my old engine were replace to the new engine.. My old alternator from my old engine 06 300c was used on the 08 dodge charger engine.. Could it be that I need a alternator from a 08 dodge charger ? Or what could the problem be? Everything works n runs nice n smooth thank you

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
the alternator is controlled by computers my guess some wiring is messed up or the computer is messed up, maybe not communicating properly with another computer system

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Advice.. You think I need to reset it? The only thing that didn't fit on the connectors from the new harness was the alternator was the alternator was different from the old one.. So didn't plugged in on the alternator.. What the mechanic did cut the old one n connected the old one to the new harness.. Could it be that I need a alternator for that engine 2008 dodge charger? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
Thanks for the Advice.. You think I need to reset it? The only thing that didn't fit on the connectors from the new harness was the alternator was the alternator was different from the old one.. So didn't plugged in on the alternator.. What the mechanic did cut the old one n connected the old one to the new harness.. Could it be that I need a alternator for that engine 2008 dodge charger? Thanks for the help
yes that is probably exactly what it is. you might need to run the computer that ran with that particular alternator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you I will buy one.. Or go exchange the one I bought yesterday ..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A car electrician told me to get the computer reset.. I'm gonna take it to the dealer today

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm at the dealer they are going to do diagnostics n flush it.. Hopefully that will work

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks but no luck so far.. Paid $110 for nothing at the dealership.. A car electrician is gonna work on it.. I think what I found out the engine harnesses are a lil different.. N it happen to be that the alternator wires are a lil different.. Just not charging .. The back plug wires that plug in on top of the alternator have no current.. Any suggestions on how the cables are connected to the alternator? Or which ones or where to? Thanks Todd for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts