Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All :)

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300c with the premium sound upgrade (Boston) NO NAV.

I have ordered and received both the wiring kit and the LOC (Line out converter) to install my kicker amp+sub. I have also read this (http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60432) I have a few concerns.

My understanding for the LOC installation is to tap the 6x9 speakers wire in the back. This will give me the RCA out and Remote wire I need. BUT after a bit of research I am finding people are using the front speakers instead. Is it true the rear speaker are filtered 60Hz+ while the front are 50Hz+? This could play a major role in the sound quality I get... :smiledown:

I also read that the AMP controls the volume and not the radio. So if I tap the unfiltered wires right behind the radio, it will be either off or all the way on. So no real volume control for the sub. This, of course, will be a major issue. :mad:

Any thoughts, experience or ideas for the LOC install? :4-dontknow:

Thanks,
Leo

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about tapping into the front speakers. I used the back speakers.
Notice any lack in the sub spectrum?

and happy 2000th post! lol

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you are just adding a sub, which I did I just tapped the sub wires in the back. No real issues. Sound quality is good, not as good if it was right after the radio.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed it with the 6x9 wires. Sounds great! I can however imagin it will sound crisper and have more range if I were to get an aftermarket radio.

I do however have an issue where if the radio is off, or turned down, I have a constant speaker buzz from the sub. And not a quite one either, im talking full blown thumping buzz...

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I didn't notice any diminished sound quality, but an aftermarket radio would sound even better using the rca outs. Not sure what the buzzing sound could be. Is it only noticeble when the car is running?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what the buzzing sound could be. Is it only noticeble when the car is running?
Yeah its very noticeble. Like, full blast loud.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
i ran a LOC for about a year and used it solely for my sub/subs. It worked good for a temporary solution but did lack major lows. When I added the 4 channel i swapped to a pac audio harness.

In regards to your buzzing my first instinct believes you have the gains on the loc waay to high. turn the gains down and your problem should be solved. most locs have little turnable attenuation knobs you use with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ran a LOC for about a year and used it solely for my sub/subs. It worked good for a temporary solution but did lack major lows. When I added the 4 channel i swapped to a pac audio harness.

In regards to your buzzing my first instinct believes you have the gains on the loc waay to high. turn the gains down and your problem should be solved. most locs have little turnable attenuation knobs you use with a screwdriver.
Thats great info! I didnt even look at it, i will check that after work. thx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are just adding a sub, which I did I just tapped the sub wires in the back. No real issues. Sound quality is good, not as good if it was right after the radio.
So I have the 7 speaker Boston system (06 300c) I’m trying to incorporate a sub into the stock system. Not sure how to go about this correctly though I do have an extensive wiring background. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts