Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post.

I just started driving a 2019 300 (sorry, I don't know the exact trim) as a commercial driver.

Plugged into the USB 1 media port and Android Auto connected just fine. Took a phone call and everything went crazy - AA dropped and the media ports began to connect / disconnect from my phone in about a four second interval, charging only.

I ruled out my phone and cable as the culprits. I tried instructions for resetting the infotainment system that I found online and none of those worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
If the car is under warranty, I would definitely take it in and let the dealer straighten it out. They might be willing to just step outside and check it while you wait, if you ask nicely.

If not, you've got a judgement call to make. You can check to see if you're running the latest FUconnect software, but there's no small amount of peril involved...I've seen posts complaining that the update caused other problems.

Otherwise, you can do a little research to determine exactly which head unit you've got...UAQ, for example...and then look online for instructions for getting into Dealer or Service mode, and trying a reset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the car is under warranty, I would definitely take it in and let the dealer straighten it out. They might be willing to just step outside and check it while you wait, if you ask nicely.

If not, you've got a judgement call to make. You can check to see if you're running the latest FUconnect software, but there's no small amount of peril involved...I've seen posts complaining that the update caused other problems.

Otherwise, you can do a little research to determine exactly which head unit you've got...UAQ, for example...and then look online for instructions for getting into Dealer or Service mode, and trying a reset.
So, problem, it's not my car 😂 And that's not a priority for my company - but it's nice for me.

I did see a notification that the system was recently updated when I started the engine. Again, everything worked fine until it started that connect / disconnect loop.

I'm glad I had a 12v plug on me, otherwise I would have been unlucky for several hours on the road.

It almost strikes me as a possible electrical issue. I followed numerous YouTube videos on things like holding my finger down on the top right of the screen, holding down the power and volume knobs down, etc trying to reboot. None of that worked.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So, problem, it's not my car 😂 And that's not a priority for my company - but it's nice for me.

I did see a notification that the system was recently updated when I started the engine. Again, everything worked fine until it started that connect / disconnect loop.

I'm glad I had a 12v plug on me, otherwise I would have been unlucky for several hours on the road.

It almost strikes me as a possible electrical issue. I followed numerous YouTube videos on things like holding my finger down on the top right of the screen, holding down the power and volume knobs down, etc trying to reboot. None of that worked.
Okay. If you don't want to take any of the steps I suggested and your employer doesn't either, I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. If you don't want to take any of the steps I suggested and your employer doesn't either, I'm out of ideas.
Sorry, I read your reply quickly, I thought you were saying to go to the dealer.

I've tried to follow steps I've found online for resetting or whatever and nothing has worked. So I figured that this would be a good place for advice. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sorry, I read your reply quickly, I thought you were saying to go to the dealer.

I've tried to follow steps I've found online for resetting or whatever and nothing has worked. So I figured that this would be a good place for advice. :)
Oh, so you've confirmed the model of the head unit? What is it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, so you've confirmed the model of the head unit? What is it?
Oh, sorry, I have not. I will have the car all day tomorrow.

Best I can say, it's a 2019 and appears to be a more standard trim. The head unit was updated recently, so whatever version that would be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, where do I find the information you are asking about? It's the stock infotainment system.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Also, where do I find the information you are asking about? It's the stock infotainment system.
Just to clarify, there are a number of head units that could be in a 2019 300, and we can't help you without knowing which one you've got.

There are a number of ways to figure out which you have. I'm understand that it's not your car, but that doesn't change anything in terms of resolving your problem. One is to get the build sheet. You can paste this link into your browser, and add the car's VIN to the end of the link. That should tell you what sound system you've got.

You can take a clear picture of the head unit and use Google Images to perform a reverse image search; you're looking for a three-letter code that identifies the radio.

You can visit this site and look for Chrysler 300 radios until you find one that matches the appearance of your car.

You can check the owner's manual to see if it identifies or gives examples of the radio model.

Another thing you can try is to pull fuse #37 (it's a yellow 20A) in your rear Power Distribution Center, leave it out for a few minutes, and put it back in. Don't be alarmed if the radio comes up with the wrong colors or displays other odd behavior afterwards.

Finally, you could try just seeing what happens tomorrow. Sometimes after an update, the radio will go wonky for a few power cycles or a day or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to clarify, there are a number of head units that could be in a 2019 300, and we can't help you without knowing which one you've got.

There are a number of ways to figure out which you have. I'm understand that it's not your car, but that doesn't change anything in terms of resolving your problem. One is to get the build sheet. You can paste this link into your browser, and add the car's VIN to the end of the link. That should tell you what sound system you've got.

You can take a clear picture of the head unit and use Google Images to perform a reverse image search; you're looking for a three-letter code that identifies the radio.

You can visit this site and look for Chrysler 300 radios until you find one that matches the appearance of your car.

You can check the owner's manual to see if it identifies or gives examples of the radio model.

Another thing you can try is to pull fuse #37 (it's a yellow 20A) in your rear Power Distribution Center, leave it out for a few minutes, and put it back in. Don't be alarmed if the radio comes up with the wrong colors or displays other odd behavior afterwards.

Finally, you could try just seeing what happens tomorrow. Sometimes after an update, the radio will go wonky for a few power cycles or a day or two.
Thanks! This is very helpful and I appreciate it.

I'll have the car from 5:30 pm to probably midnight tomorrow, I'll update here with more information.

I thought about pulling fuses but there was a narrow window and my second day on the job. 😂

Thanks again!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks! This is very helpful and I appreciate it.

I'll have the car from 5:30 pm to probably midnight tomorrow, I'll update here with more information.

I thought about pulling fuses but there was a narrow window and my second day on the job. 😂

Thanks again!
No problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weird stuff.

Got in the car today, everything worked. Bumped the USB plug, issues repeated.

Removed my phone from the car, removed the car from my phone, and I tried again later. Works again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts