Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 and was wondering if anyone has done this yet? The new lights have cut-off so scatter from HID conversion bulbs should be very minimal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't done them yet but I sure am interested. I hear people say they use a 9006 bulb but I haven't found out what modifications need to be made in order for the bulb to fit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed them, but my advice is don't screw with the headlights. It is a high quality kit, but the scatter is terrible. I've tried other bulbs with no improvements. Also, you have to drill holes in the dust covers. That resulted in horrible condensation regardless of how I try to seal the holes. They are completely full of water now and show no signs of drying out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
no no no, I have the 2012 too and I got 4 HID bulbs (headlights and fog lights) installed with perfect fit. I'll check after work what the bulb numbers are. Don't give up hope, I too went through bullshit trying to figure out which ones would fit and no one was able to tell me. Now I get high beamed all the time on the road lol cuz they're too bright

·
Registered
76 Posts
One thing for sure, on top of the ballasts you're also going to need capacitors (like 25 each) otherwise they will flicker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh and the condensation is terrible. I keep putting off the plan to cut holes in the dust covers but if you're saying that won't make a difference then I might also be considering of just using the standard bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, would the capacitors be needed on every single bulb if I have them in my headlights and fog lights also.. Because I know the foglights run off one main harness, so would I have to plug Ina capacitor to each foglight? Oh and I have a 2014

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have installed 55w 8000k conversation kit with no Hassle. No flickering, no resistors, no Drilling holes in the darn dust covers either, No condensation either! I mounted the Slim ballast inside of the head light itself where the new model versions are installed which is in a hug space in the headlight right below the bulb. It doesn't interfere with the high beam motor for the lens and it's not exposing the headlight to outside air from Drilling hokes in the dust cover. I wish I pics to post, it looks like the factory did it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 6000k in my headlights, I did drill holes and Dremel the dust covers. The kit came with rubber grommets from the bulbs to ballast, so with the hold sized to fit and Dremel I have a factory tight seal.

No condensation.

My car is a 2011 300c, no flickering without canbus.

My buddy has a 2014 and needs the canbus harness or his flickers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have installed 55w 8000k conversation kit with no Hassle. No flickering, no resistors, no Drilling holes in the darn dust covers either, No condensation either! I mounted the Slim ballast inside of the head light itself where the new model versions are installed which is in a hug space in the headlight right below the bulb. It doesn't interfere with the high beam motor for the lens and it's not exposing the headlight to outside air from Drilling hokes in the dust cover. I wish I pics to post, it looks like the factory did it.
what conversion kit did you buy from where?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAD HID'S INSTALLED AND NOW THE DRIVER SIDE HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY IS SWEATING... WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS?.. I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR BRAND NEW AND THIS DOESN'T LOOK COOL...

·
Registered
3 Posts
what conversion kit did you buy from where?[/QUOTE
hello, would you mind sharing what and where you purchased your 55w 8000k conversion kit from? looking to do this mod and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts