Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup sup peoples i am looking at a lil more meat for my rear tires and i want to know if anyone has any experience using a 295/40/20 on the rear. thanks for the help peoples!

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
sup sup peoples i am looking at a lil more meat for my rear tires and i want to know if anyone has any experience using a 295/40/20 on the rear. thanks for the help peoples!
275/40/20 is the perfect fit for the rear.

295/40/20 is doable in theory, but is too wide for the stock rear wheel. It will also be slightly taller than the stock wheel. You'll probably need a small spacer to let the wheels fit.

In short - go with 275/40/20 - they work perfectly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot guys will do plus the roads here in hawaii aint the greatest and there is speed bumps all over

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
That's good advice, JMatt & UCM. I've been wondering the same thing. Since I've done the GSM ESP delete mod, my tire life has suffered. :)

Besides, I want something besides RSA's on the car. Don't like 'em much for traction, ya know? and they are noisy!!!

Not worried about winter tires and wheels...got that covered with alternate bad weather transportation.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lots have 295s on the stock rims, no problems. Mine are 315s but on 10" rims

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is interesting.. I also want to go as wide as possible with stock SRT rims and no mods, is 275/40/20 the best fit. Anyone using BFG TA Radials.. I liked the round shape on my 69 Camaro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts