Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here and new to the 300 (and I guess the LX platform in general) so I'm still learning. Since I got my 300C Heritage Edition last Thursday, I've only loved it. I do have a number of plans, but there are a few specific questions I have, and I'm wondering if any of you can answer.

1. That pesky plug in the center console is always on. Is there an easy way to mess with the fuse box in the trunk and make it switched with the ignition like the cigarette lighter? I wanna put my phone charger in there so I can close up the ashtray. I think I've heard about someone doing this to a Magnum, but I don't remember how or where to find that thread anymore.

2. I bought a dash cam and currently have it sapping off my phone charger in the ashtray. Where's the easiest place to hardwire? I was thinking to just pull from the back of the cigarette lighter, but I'd like a second opinion.

3. I have an interest in retrofitting the newer flat Chrysler badges on my car. Does anyone around here know if the badge on the grille is seperate from it and how easy it might be to remove, and past that, where I can buy badges of the right size?

4. What is the best aftermarket radio to go with? I wanna get something that fills the space the old navigation radio takes without using that dumb bezel. Pioneer is coming out with a single DIN radio with a 10.5in screen coming off it, and I was thinking to set that deeper in the well so it sits flush with the dash, but I was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations.

5. My car is American spec (Miles and Fahrenheit) but I would like to go about swapping the speedometer insert and climate control faceplate (I have the auto climate controls) with the Kilometers and Celsius versions. Can anyone point me to where I can find them and how to get the dash apart in order to reach the speedometer insert?

6. I read something on here about a secret menu in the REC radio, which I have. However following the steps doesn't get me to it. Am I missing something?

7. For now, until I get that new radio, is there a way to burn a not-so-legitimate version of the updated navigation map and stuff onto a DVD and stick it in there? If so, can someone point me towards it?

8. When I replace the radio, will I still be able to use the rear entertainment screen as an audio source, or will I have to find a way to jerry-rig that back in? As well, what adapters and crap will I need to get to ensure full functionality like steering wheel buttons when the time comes?

Thank you so much. I can't think of anything else for right now but I will come back to the post if I do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi there,
1 - You would have to reroute the red wire ( live to a relay or add a relay. The relay would be activated by the switch ACC and turn the plug on and off with the car switch. If you have a 2nd plug in the center console like my 2010, I know that one turn off (hidden in between 2 seat). you could swap the wires or plug the relay on that plug live wire. You can also run a wire from the fuse box also.
2 - The best option is to run a cable from the fuse box, for a permanent and clean installation. Or yes plug it on the back of the lighter but you need enough Amps to run it. And any other stuff you want to plug on it.
3 - look up the treads there 1 person that removed badge a few month ago might find the info there.
4 - That is a hard one to answer. When I replace mine I took a year researching, 1st you need to make sure the radio accept the CAMBUS of your car. 2nd not all radio aftermarket are compatible with the steering button and Uconnect. Decide what you want to keep and what you don't need. 3rd wires... Most after market don't come with the Chrysler connector, so you have to cut them and wire the radio. Some do, I got and AIMTOM from Amazone, all I lost was Uconnect and it use the car connectors . 4th the radio you buy if it is not the same size, you will may need adapters and a dash cover to hide it properly. Unfortunately you have to read all the description to know that, unless someone here already have one they can recommend.
5 - Someone made a guide to customize the Speed gauge display etc, probably a good start.
6 - IDK
7 - Humm, probably not, My REC in my 2010 you had to order from the compagny and the disk was encrypted with your VIN number of the car. So it could only be decrypted by entering the VIN you provided to the company. You would have to find something someone did on the net and shared. Not recommended.
8 - Like I mention higher, it all depends on the radio you decide to get. And there is a lot of options.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The part number for the final REC/RB1 update DVD is 05064033AL. This update was originally released in 2013.

There are folks out there offering burned copies of them, in fact, the burned copies are generally considered an improvement to the original disks, because they often include the "in-motion hack".

The best way to find one would be a Wanted post in a forum like this one, titled "REC AL Nav DVD" or something similar.

You can often find AL DVDs on that computer auction website, but the line between originals and copies might be blurred. There's one listed right now for $12.74, but as to whether it's really an original or not, it's anyone's guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The part number for the final REC/RB1 update DVD is 05064033AL. This update was originally released in 2013.

There are folks out there offering burned copies of them, in fact, the burned copies are generally considered an improvement to the original disks, because they often include the "in-motion hack".

The best way to find one would be a Wanted post in a forum like this one, titled "REC AL Nav DVD" or something similar.

You can often find AL DVDs on that computer auction website, but the line between originals and copies might be blurred. There's one listed right now for $12.74, but as to whether it's really an original or not, it's anyone's guess.
What is the "in-motion" hack?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts