Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone have an issue with the Autostart function? Mine's not working. Get a message on dash saying Autostart disabled Hood Ajar...is there a sensor for the hood???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't speak to your 300, but, assuming you're talking about remote-start, my Challenger works that way. There's a sensor on the hood latch that indicates that it's closed and the remote start won't work with the hood open.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't speak to your 300, but, assuming you're talking about remote-start, my Challenger works that way. There's a sensor on the hood latch that indicates that it's closed and the remote start won't work with the hood open.
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. And yes, I meant Remote Start. Cheers,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, anyone have an issue with the Autostart function? Mine's not working. Get a message on dash saying Autostart disabled Hood Ajar...is there a sensor for the hood???
Hi, I had the same issue with my '12 SRT8. I too thought it was the actual sensor. Testing determined it was something else. After a little poking around, it was determined the Body Control Module (BCM) had failed. It needs to be replaced and reprogrammed. If you have a trust worthy and knowledgeable mechanic, you can get it done for about $300-400. Dealer will charge more.

I'll have to dig up my wiring diagram. I'll post it here when I find it.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts