Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed an Avic F90BT. As much as people complain about the product, it is a great value for all the thing It does. From ipod to dvd to navigation. It’s the total package. The screen is crystal clear. DVD quality is close to HD level.
Before

After

The only thing that is bad about the whole day was that my……. Astra 4000 by ScyTek Industries 4000rs2w1 “remote start car alarm combo” was not installed. The shop “Discount auto sound in Norfolk va” was asking a ridiculous 500 dollars for the install:SHOCKED:…something about getting a bypass for the chrysler 300….the product cost only 100 dollars. Were they right to try to charge me that much or iam I being a cheap ass. Or is there a cheaper way to do it
:4-dontknow:

snowed up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
In order to install a remote start on the 300 it does require a security bypass. Depending on the product it may require several other modules to make it work. If you install it yourself you can probably install for less than $100 with parts.

For their parts and a few hours labor, they are a bit high in price but I'd expect it to be in the $300-400 range.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
so now that it is up and running, how do you like it in the 300c? also did you get the steering wheel controls adapter? what part number was that. how is the total integration into the oem system? i am looking at these and want to make sure it is a good one to get before plunking down the money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts