Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what factors trigger activation of all wheel drive on a 2019 C 300 limited 3.6 ci? Also what factors cause it to revert to rear wheel drive? Mine seems to activate okay when I encounter snow but stays in AWD for hundreds of miles after it is no longer needed. I've asked this question on the Chrysler Owners dashboard but they were unable to provide the requested information. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Don, This is a guess on my knowledge of other vehicles, Probably the AWD kick in when different wheel rotation are detected, just like the Anti-Slip on the RWD and / or ABS. Has for the AWD to disengage, I would assume it's a speed factor. Most AWD and 4x4 I have use will need to be on neutral or drive under 30km/H to switch back in RWD. This is to prevent damage and has to do with the technology use to make the change. It should be discuss in the User manual, if not I find this very strange.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know one of the factors in determining whether AWD is engaged is outside temp. It's been a couple of years since I've been in a climate where it engages but do remember it staying on long after I thought it should turn off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. If the outside temp drops below 37* it will go into 4x4
2. If the wipers are on because of rain or snow it will go into 4x4
3. If the back tires spin it will go into 4x4

That's my understanding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts