Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am not happy!! I got the whole drivers side done, and it was all good. Get to the passenger side to start removing the excess adhesive, and there is a scratch... A legitimate perfectly straight line like someone scored the door with a utility knife to mount the molding straight, and it runs basically along the entire passenger rear door. FML!!! Off to Autozone for some rubbing compound, which won't work I am sure :mad:

On a bright note, behind the anger, I do absolutely love the look.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You sure it's not glue? When I took mine off I had a perfect line also that came out with the clay bar.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaxon, you are completely right!! I went out and got a little more "violent" with trying to get it off... success!! And I do have a clay bar, just haven't gone to it yet.

Good catch!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Jaxon, you are completely right!! I went out and got a little more "violent" with trying to get it off... success!! And I do have a clay bar, just haven't gone to it yet.

Good catch!!

Once you clay bar it you won't notice any line. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Once you clay bar it you won't notice any line. :)
So two clay bars later + some scratch remover and my worst fear of demolding came to be. There was a bit of glue left over as Jaxon stated, but:

1) The line is still there. You can almost see a perfect outline of the piece of molding.
2) The color difference leads me to believe the door was painted and they didn't remove the trim when doing so. And it is only on the one door, the 3 others look great... Ugh... Not sure what to do next other than take a break and ponder.

On a brighter note, this week I will be receiving all my interior blue LED's, my black side markers, and my black Altezza LED tail lights.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Could of had damage prior to you owning it and that's why the one door is different

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
post some pics, lets see, someone might have an idea to help

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm guessing the door was spotted in & cleared around the molding at one time. I've ran into that before on used vehicles I have bought, Try & slick them up and you end up getting into paint work.

Good luck.

LK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try 3M Adhesive remover.. Put some in a rag and hold it over the line.. then take a plastic razor blade and try taking it off.. otherwise if it is a scratch use scratch remover pen like the one you see on tv.. I thought the pen wouldnt work and i bought it and used it works pretty good.. or just go to a paint shop and spend some cash to get it fixed

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
lol stop buying halos and cia's and save the money to fix it :smileup:

fyi aac replaced the halos for free so i never paid anything and cia? :4-dontknow:

plus im not keeping this car forever so no point of fixing some paint bubbles on it :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
fyi aac replaced the halos for free so i never paid anything and cia? :4-dontknow:

plus im not keeping this car forever so no point of fixing some paint bubbles on it :i_rolleyes:

it was just a joke dont get mad :kap:.... i ment cai my dyslexiay kicked in lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts