Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go on the highway at a rate of 65 to 75 miles an hour and get off the highway at a light my car will shut of. Then I have to turn ot off put the gear in park and then it restarts. Can anybody tell me what I should do, and how much money will I need to get it taken care of? Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not enough information to compute. We don't even know what you drive other than it's a 300 of some kind.

The first thing you need to do is scan for DTCs. Get a decent hand held scanner for $25 or so, or a cheap ($10-12) ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter and use a free version of an Android app like Torque or AlfaOBD to check for codes. Come back and let us know what you find.

In the meantime, don't put your car into Park at a traffic light. Pop it into Neutral to restart.

·
Registered
128 Posts
what if they added an 8cyl you never know
So instead of admitting that you don't even possess enough basic Chrysler 300 knowledge to know that all U.S. Touring models are V-6s, you would have us believe that the OP has the wherewithal to perform the Herculean feat of swapping a V-8 into his V-6 300, but is completely stumped when it develops a stalling problem? Have I got that right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
So instead of admitting that you don't even possess enough basic Chrysler 300 knowledge to know that all U.S. Touring models are V-6s, you would have us believe that the OP has the wherewithal to perform the Herculean feat of swapping a V-8 into his V-6 300, but is completely stumped when it develops a stalling problem? Have I got that right?
have a nice day carl (you could customize any car you got Chevy motors in jaguars so V6 Chrysler to a v8 Chrysler is doable)

·
Registered
128 Posts
have a nice day carl (you could customize any car you got Chevy motors in jaguars so V6 Chrysler to a v8 Chrysler is doable)
If he had gone through all the trouble of putting a Hemi in his 300 Touring (if you have actually "seen it done" as you claim, you would know that it's a nightmare of a job) or put a Chevy motor in his Jaguar, or chocolate in his peanut butter or whatever else, it's a safe bet that he would have mentioned that in his first post.

And if he had the advanced technical expertise and knowledge with the Chrysler 300 platform necessary to pull off a swap like that, he would know how to troubleshoot a stalling problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If he had gone through all the trouble of putting a Hemi in his 300 Touring (if you have actually "seen it done" as you claim, you would know that it's a nightmare of a job) or put a Chevy motor in his Jaguar, or chocolate in his peanut butter or whatever else, it's a safe bet that he would have mentioned that in his first post.

And if he had the technical expertise and knowledge with the Chrysler 300 platform necessary to pull off a swap like that, he would know how to troubleshoot a stalling problem.
[/QUOTE]
have a nice day carl please put me on ignore

·
Registered
447 Posts
He drives a 300 touring 2006 - gen 1 Silver, it is under his profile when you go in the about tab. Best assume he has a 3.5 L has it is the most popular option. can we get back to his problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts