Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Had my car at the dealer today to check out a noise that would happen when giving a shot of gas after shifting from drive to reverse and vice versa, was like a clunk.

They determined it was the center bearing, also referred to as a hanger bearing. I was told that I need to replace the whole drive shaft as they are not able to order just the bearing.

I have seen in the service manual the procedure for replacing the bearing and know that it can be done.

So my question is this, does anyone know of a Mopar part number for just the bearing?

Chrysler 300 AWD 2015 3.6L

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure about part number Joe but do know this have a similar problem tried to get just ujoints for my friends 300 and couldn't get the ujoints just the front driveshaft assembly from all the auto places so I called dealership he told me that's because they are sold as a whole unit the driveshsft assembly and ujoints, so ujoints had no part numbers themselves THEN he proceeded to tell me he couldn't even get me either part the assembly or ujoints as because crysler has stopped making some parts for the 300 series cars so good luck, I had to get used parts from a online salvage place

1 - 2 of 2 Posts