Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 300 c. I know its the hardest color to keep clean but when clean its beatiful. I know the spider webs in the paint is normal but I can see lines or brush marks in the clear. And no I dont use a brush when washing. Am I the only one with this problem? And can somebody please let me know how to get rid of this. I wondered if my clear coat didnt have enough hardener in it. PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I can get a photo. I took some snap shots of this just incase I have a dealer issue with the clear coat. I will put the pic's up for your opinions so you can see what I'm dealing with. I just need a few minutes to figure out how to load the pic's for you 2 c. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
My guess is its whatever you're using to dry your car which is causing the swirls in your clear coat. Do you use microfiber for drying or something else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a black 300 c. I know its the hardest color to keep clean but when clean its beatiful. I know the spider webs in the paint is normal but I can see lines or brush marks in the clear. And no I dont use a brush when washing. Am I the only one with this problem? And can somebody please let me know how to get rid of this. I wondered if my clear coat didnt have enough hardener in it. PLEASE HELP.

I hope I uploaded these right and they show up. The first picture is of my 300C not in the sun, then the rest are of the same 300C upclose in the sun. I NEED HELP!!

Thanks, Jay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My guess is its whatever you're using to dry your car which is causing the swirls in your clear coat. Do you use microfiber for drying or something else?

I use microfiber to dry my vehicle's. Do you think it is possible that the clear coat on my car is soft, without enough hardner in it. Maybe thats why it keeps reappearing after 3 or 4 washes. What products are the best for preventing and fixing this problem in your opinion. Im looking for the black mirror finish, with no swirl marks.

Thank you
Jay

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
That looks to me like improper polishing. It's unlikely that your 1 car would have clear coat issue as they paint dozens of cars per tank of paint.

It looks to me like it needs to be clayed, washed, then buffed. You might want to have a professional do it, because that is one hell of a lot of fine scratches.

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
As UCM says you need to either get it done professionally or change how you detail you car.

Clay car first.

Then you need a good polish and I would recommend either buying a PC (PORTER CABLE ORBITAL POLISHER) or finding a more aggressive polish to work on those lines etc. in your paint you should be able to see results as you work with the polish. Some people around here swear by ScracthX. You can also go by a body paint supply place and show them what you up against and see what they offer for polish

And then use a sealant or wax to finish it up.

You might want to buy an electric leaf blower to get most of the water off before drying.

Are you using the big blue microfiber towels to dry your car ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input, I will use your advice. If anyone else has any suggestions on thee best products for black paint please post.

Thank you
Jay

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
There is a difference between true detailer's microfiber and the cheap microfiber readily available at Walmart or any car parts store.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is a difference between true detailer's microfiber and the cheap microfiber readily available at Walmart or any car parts store.
where can i get the good ones from? i use some lime green ones i picked up at sams club, they seem real soft and good, but if theres some better ones, i rather get those.

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Nothing that can't be fixed with a PC.

I finally got to really wash my car since getting it back from the body shop this weekend. Looks like someone did a half ass job w/ a polisher and I have the same problem. Almost 2 years of taking care of the paint and now I gotta spend a weekend buffing the whole car out because one jackass didn't know what he was doing. UGH.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's expoensive

But I always throw out my microfiber towel after the second or third washing.

THey tend to get raggy.

AND if you do wash them make sure you don't do them with regular clothes. Whend drying them do not use one of those air freshener sheets in the dryer.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I pretty much have a "one-time" use policy for the cheaper microfiber towels. Either than or I use them for the wheels after the one time use on the actual car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hmm i've washed mine about 2 times now in a span of 4 months, they still feel perfect but just to be on the safe side im gunna use them one last time and then they're out. thanks for the link

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just purchased Nu Finish scratch Dr. from Pepboys and it removed swirl marks from my car. I also used microfiber towels to apply the paste, letf it on for a few minutes and then buffed it out. I liked the results.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
I just purchased Nu Finish scratch Dr. from Pepboys and it removed swirl marks from my car. I also used microfiber towels to apply the paste, letf it on for a few minutes and then buffed it out. I liked the results.
Sounds good! I'm gonna have to check that stuff out!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
110 Posts
those marks look pretty "evenly swirled" ..use any gas station car washes? those things are hell on BB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts