Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i gave the car a good wash on wednesday, had it all glistenin then get in real close an its covered in those lil black specs which im assuming is tar since streets are filled with road work on a steady basis
which methods do you guys use to remove it, it comes off wit a cloth n decent effort jus extremely time consuming, ive read bout claying the car etc.
but time i dont have a lot plus then havin to wax after isnt much of an option for a while till work settles down? anyone hav a tried n tested method that wont need to be waxed over after? its quite annoying / noticable since my car is the cool vanilla
HELPPPP

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I know Turtle Wax used to sell Bug and Tar remover, used it on the EX's mini van and it worked well. Never used it on my 300 though.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
The only way to get rid of tar is elbow grease. no matter what you use to remove it, you'll have to put extra effort into it. The longer you wait the more effort you'll have to put in. I have a front fascia full of bugs that I can't get off because I waited...

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
The only way to get rid of tar is elbow grease. no matter what you use to remove it, you'll have to put extra effort into it. The longer you wait the more effort you'll have to put in. I have a front fascia full of bugs that I can't get off because I waited...
hmm might have that checked by doctor ,not a good sign to have grease on the elbow:D yes what ^^^ said. think of it as good work out waxing

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
yup just take the time to get those spots out and make sure not to let them stay on there too long cause trust me it is a pita once they have been there for a while without cleaning...ask me how i know lol :shy:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
U could get one of the bug & tar remover just like Kev suggested.

Canadian Tire has those (i do believe u r from Canada right?). I've used them.
Spray and wait for about a minute.
Then wipe clean!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
they make liquid clay but if you move fast i think i clayed my whole car in like 15-20mins but then again i do if often so that i dont have to spend forever doing it. Find time and be patient, your car will be there for you when ready to make a move lol

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
theres nothing i haven't gotten off with bug and tar remover

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
seriously thanks for all the suggestions guys
the marks arent on too tough so yeah il get that bug n tar remover n do light sprays til its all sparkly again!
il reach canadian tire tomorrow

edit:
just a slight hijack, i just tinted my sidemarkers, an am not sure where to get the nylon rivets for the fenders
anyone kno where i can in toronto?

·
Banned
297 Posts
As far as removing bugs from the front end, a neighbor of mine always swore by using baking soda. Get a rag put on some baking soda, dampen it a little, and he swore it works.
As far as road tar, have always had good luck with bug & tar remover. Takes a while, but it works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx meng, yeah i picked up a bottle of it
will get to work on it sunday
already got most of that crap offlast week
had the car lookin lik cookies n cool vanilla cream

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
they make liquid clay but if you move fast i think i clayed my whole car in like 15-20mins but then again i do if often so that i dont have to spend forever doing it. Find time and be patient, your car will be there for you when ready to make a move lol
:SHOCKED: what the what. Do you clay and wax everytime? clay it twice a year and use cleaner and polish and then show wax twice a year. clay will strip your wax off everytime and you only need to wax twice a year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aghhh its good to be back
my computers harddrive felt like crashing on me , props for that lol

ima jus say that bug n tar remover works miracles lolll
car went from a freckled o.d. to a smooth as eggs complexion love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
you can get plastic rivets at most automotive stores..personaly i replace them with the push pin style so you dont have to replace each time

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can get plastic rivets at most automotive stores..personaly i replace them with the push pin style so you dont have to replace each time
i grabbed em at lowes
havnt put my sidemarkers in yet tho cuz im slackin hard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts