Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Borla axle back, either ATAK or S, on their car? I'm looking for a nice rumble but nothing too obnoxious. The Borla looks like a nice setup because it leaves the center mufflers which I would assume cuts down on drone. I understand there will be elevated cabin noise with an upgraded exhaust, but it's my daily driver so I don't want a terrible drone on the highway. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Go with a Corsa catback system. Designed specifically for SRT cars not to drone but still be louder than stock. It's the platform favorite exhaust system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that the corsa systems are nice but I really am not wanting to spend 1600 on an exhaust system. I was attracted to the Borla due to the combination of price, sound, and quality. Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the Borla axle back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are still looking, I put a Flowmaster system on my 300C and I'm glad I did! I tried just the FM 40's and reso delete but the drone was unbearable. I have kids and they complained it was too loud in the back seat. So, I got the entire system- pipes, mufflers and resonators. It's definitely a step up from stock but not obnoxiously loud. I have a remote start on my vehicle and you can hear the nice rumble when it cranks up. Get on the throttle and listen to that Hemi! Cruising on the highway, though? Only slightly louder than stock and NO drone. You won't be disappointed! BTW, it's all bolt on.
I also looked at the Corsa system but it was a bit too "foreign-car" sounding for my taste plus, like you, I didn't want to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the opinion, I am also looking at the solo performance catback system. I'm still debating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts