Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I tried to install this product on my 300 and couldn't get it to register thru the glass. I haven't posted all my mods but this was suppose to be one with pic. I was able to get it to unlock /lock the doors only. It wouldn't even register thru a picture frame glass. So take it for its worth. I highly recommend don't use this product unless someone had good luck?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
so you mount the strip on the inside of the window and it's supposed to unlock your doors?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it looked nice. You can look at it on youtube. It work thru the windshield. But I bought another model that goes in the gas door. And this one unlocks the trunk as well. I will upload pics later. Install time 30mins. It also comes with an aux output which I'm thinking about using to lower my windows without opening the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wireless keypad installation

Ok I don't know why I can't see the images, but attached are the images taken.NOW, THIS SETUP IS NOT THE BOYO KEYPAD BUT THE REPLACEMENT I BOUGHT RS505. I can now lock/unlock my doors and trunk with the keys!!!!
On the resistors for the doors= 330 locks and 100 ohms unlocks. you really don't need the diodes unless you plan on adding more to the vehicle.(pic of resistors is from the boyo keypad only) i've attached the diagram for the lock unlock wires.Setup used is NO (normally open).

The new keypad comes with two NO/NC wiring setup for both unlock/lock feature. The common of both is connected straight to ground, yes the ground.

This unit even has the setup for 12v tailights which you could probably use for DRLs or what ever you want to power up. i didn't use these since I don't need it.
My power cable for the relay and the keypad are connected to the same wire. i LOVE POSI Taps, to bad they are so expensive. I tried just sending a ground return signal (MUX) for the trunk release but it wouldn't work for me, thats why I went with the relay(radio shack# OMR-C-112H).

My trunk release button was changed to the chrome billet button with the halo ring. People LOVE IT!! I bought it on ebay ($8.95) for WAY less than here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Push-...=8740800281112211570&pid=100011&prg=1006&rk=1

One thing I did was added a 1.3K ohm resistor to the Halo ring positive wire at the light harness ORG/WHT wire. The switch led was rated at 6V not 12V.
The one picture i forgot to take was the wireless keypad in the gas door. I cut the inside of the gas cap door with my dremel and placed the keypad there. I saw it on youtube and it look nice. I will upload the pic later.

If I'm missing sonething please let me know so that I can fix it. I have more mods to post.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I've also created a led G1 wing emblem for the rear of the car. It look great. Way cheaper than 200. It cost me around 30 to make it. I will upload the pic later. Regarding the trunk button I highly recommend upgrading at night I love looking at it lit up. Buy it on eBay. The seller I bought it from is stateside not in china. I believe their name is bugs fly or firefly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man after reading my own post I was confused on the setup. Im going to scan the installation manual for the keypad then add a legend to what wire the keypad module goes to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts