Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have searched the forums for a couple days now, and I haven't really found the answer I'm looking for. I recently purchased a 2013 Chrysler 300s. The dealer only had one key for it. I feel that I did a pretty good job negotiating, and they weren't willing to throw in the cost of a new key fob, programming it, and cutting the key. I was ok with it at the time, and went on my way, so this is where I am. The cost was $180 for the fob, $40 for the actual blank key, and $50 to have the key cut and programmed. So thats $270 to get a replacement smart key!

I have looked on the net, and I can get what they are calling new keys in the range of $40-$90 but they are not really new off the shelf, they have been programmed to a car before. From reading my owners manual, it seems that once a key has been programmed to a car, it can no longer be programmed to a car again.

What I'm trying to avoid is purchasing one of these keys, having it cut, and paying for the dealer programming to have it not work, then repeating the process with the buying the key fob from the dealer. Also, it appears Chrysler got rid of the self programming option after 2012, which wouldn't really apply anyway because it would appear I would need 2 keys to do so anyway but there may be some other things starting in 2013 that I'm not aware with the smart key system.

So my question is, has anyone with a second gen 300 ( preferably a 2013 ) with the remote start option bought a replacement key fob off the internet from ebay or one of these sites that states they are re-manufactured, and had it successfully work when brought to the dealer for programming?

*edit adding the details of the key fob:

Manufacturer Part Number:
PART NUMBER : 56046759AA 56046759AB 56046759AC

FCC ID NUMBER : M3N-40821302

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to let everyone know, I bought a key and fob from CarAndTruckRemotes.com and it worked out. It was a little more pricey then what was offered on ebay and I opted for the new key ( $79 ) vs the refurbished one ( $69 ). To have the key cut and programmed it was only $20 at my local Chrysler Dealership. So everything worked out for $100 instead of the $160 for the fob, $30 for the key, and $20 for the programming that I was quoted for at the same dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.