Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at picking up a can of colormatched cool vanilla from the dealer. is that a "glossy" paint, or do i have to clear it seperately? also 1 can should be enough to do the coolant tank correct?

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Gregg the oem paint will need clear also_On the coolant tank dont forget to get some adhesion promoter also(not from the dealer)1 can of each should do it...oh and dont forget primer...I used oem for that also

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Gregg...why not paint yours orange? I've been holding off doing this because I'm sure the CV will look a whole lot better than the naked ugly coolant tank.

You have the perfect excuse to bring in the orange to tie in with your theme.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because it will look out of place because it wouldnt have the gold pearl on it, where the engine cover and cai intake are orange with the gold pearl. but its cool i have the fusebox cover already white, and the rest of under the hood is white, so i dont want to over do it

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
is there a "how to" on painting the coolant tank and other plastics under the hood? I was going to try to color match mine but I wanted to make sure I did it right so it doesnt start to flake off or anything like that. Also thought of just buying a new one and painting that then just swapping the 2. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
been thinking of doing this mod while i'm saving up for a couple of extra projects...i'm sure yours will turn out clean. post pics when its done, and a cpl of the process so those of us one the fence can see how easy it is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
fyi i would go with SEM for adhesion promoter way better then bullfrog ive done about 4 and they have turned out great

as you can see did the fuse box, strut covers, wiper cowl and misk other crap you will need adhesion, primer, base coat, and clear coat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts