Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can a 5.7l hemi engine be put in a 3.5l touring? and if so how hard is it? someone locally is selling a 5.7l engine for really really reallly cheap lol.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I'm gonna say yes but probably not as simple as just engine swap.

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
No way to make this affordable unless you got it for free . I'd have to think you could sell your ride and buy one for pennies on the dollar less than a swap of the engine , tranny , drivetrain , electronics , computers , suspension , etc . Parts plus labor...... i don't even want to think about that price .

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol aight. just askin cuz someone was selling one for 500 bucks

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
thats a helluva price on the engine,theres a local guy in Md that did that to his car,swapping from V6 to 5.7...but it did cost but less than it would have if he bought a new one.I think he bought a totaled car for a couple hundred and was able to use all the driveline components.HHP then did all the work for him...it did come out great though

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I wouldn't do a swap due to so many computers that need to be changed! I would just trade it in and get a c or srt!:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
IT can be done....if you really want to. Hell, there is a guy putting a Viper engine/tranny into a base model charger.

There is another person doing a 3.5 to 5.7 swap. If you have the 5speed that makes things dramatically easier since you then don't need the tranny to swap. Many of the parts of the wiring harness are the same up to a point.

Excluding labor, I would estimate the cost at about $6500, not including engine either. Pretty tough to swallow for just going to another stock engine. More than taking and putting a supercharger on you're current engine costs to get about the same power.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The guy on the other Charger board that did it had a cost of 6500 including labor.
I would never do it - for the money you can almost to just upgrade to the real thing and you'll have the better interior, brakes, and everything else. Just not worth the hassle, except if you were doing it for a project. Cost wise it makes little sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts