Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not enough information to compute.

What do you drive? What transmission have you got? How long have you owned it? Has it ever had a performance tune applied? Has the trans ever been serviced? Have you checked the fluid level? Does it do this consistently, or only once? What happens if you clear the code? Are there any other symptoms, like slipping in 3rd gear?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2007 Chrysler 300. Fluid change and filter changed 2 weeks ago. I had my transmission replaced back in 2018 because I had this same problem. 2 years later it’s happening again with the same code? Once I drive over 20 miles my car starts to stall out so I have to shut it off start it back up and get it to accelerate again. No tune up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it slips in 3rd gear and I did clear the code but I didn’t drive it long enough for it to come back on because I don’t want to risk getting stuck on the side of the rode

·
Registered
188 Posts
I still don't know what transmission you have, so I'll just say that if you don't have a dipstick to check the fluid level yourself, take it to a trustworthy local shop and have them do it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Okay, so you have a NAG1. They're sensitive to fluid level. Take it to a shop you trust and have them check the fluid level using the factory-approved procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts