Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Z members?

My 300c 5.7 has turned off two times on me. Once was after a long trip, when I came to a stop in a red light and he turned off. The other was after running it for a while, I was entering a corner and he turned off! Thanks goodness that no car was in the other lane, cuz if not I would have hit it! My car is used and while looking at some service repair, the previous owner took it to have this same issue revised. The dealer said "found excess of carbon in the throttle body" solution: optimal throttle body treatment. But it is happening again! It wasnt that optimal after all. Im concerned, cuz I drive thnking that in any moment it can turn off and cause an accident. What could it b?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I have owned my 300 [from '05] I too have experienced my car shutting off twice. At a red light on a hot day after starting it and driving 1 block, and in a drive through. Luckily, the car restarted immediately. I own a 2007 as well, and the car has about 30k miles and just had to replace the thermostat....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've experienced this same issue with my 06' 300C. The most frustrating part is when I took it in the dealership tells me they can't find a cause unless they can duplicate the issue, like I couldn't fix it myself if I didn't know what the problem was. At any rate, has anyone ever come up with a resolution to this, it seems to be a pretty common issue amongst these cars?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sorry to dig up this old thread... I've seen this problem described so many times on the web. The dreaded "Car Dies while in a turn"... Thank God I do not have this problem...

If the car stalls it can only be from a lack of fuel or spark. If it were me I would rule out the fuel first. Reason I say this is because there is a carbon canister switch designed to kill your fuel pump when triggered. It's something that could be engaged when the car is in a turn.

The fuel pump is designed to run continously when the key is on. If my car did this often I would hook up a pressure gauge on the fuel supply and see if the pressure dropped when the car stalled...

A problem like this would completely turn me off on this car... The damn front end suspension rattles almost have me there now...

--

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had a very similar issue on my Jeep. When I was below a 1/4 tank of gas and made a left or right turn it would cut the engine off. All the lights, stereo etc worked fine when this happened. It was the fuel pump that was cutting off. I don't know the exact reason why it was doing that but I dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump and all is good. I did some research and a lot of other people had similar issues to mine.

Just letting you know that it might be the fuel pump. At least give you a direction to start looking.

Edit: Didn't realize this was an old thread....

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is happening to my wife's car so I joined here to seek any advice as well. Both times our 300c '06' died was on the highway. I've searched the web and seems there's no silver bullet to fix it. I've seen pcm, fuel pump, replacements among other things. I noticed when my wife's car dies the dash stays on and the oil light goes on. We wait a couple of minutes and fired back up. Oil light goes away. This seems a bit dangerous and way too common!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's the pcm, I have had mine replaced twice then the dealer decided to just flash it since then. I have had it back to them 5 times , each time gets worse in fact half of the engine shut off at one point and was running on 4 cylinders. I am trying to get people together so we can get Chrysler to recall this because it is a safety issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have the same problem with my 05 Chrysler 300C with a 5.7 Hemi in it. Took it to the dealership they had it four or five days so they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I replaced the throttle body, all 4 O2 sensors and the map sensor and that didn't help. The dealership told me I needed a new engine wiring harness. WTF the car is now at a repair shop to replace the engine wiring harness. 12 Days later it still isn't fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts