Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Purchased a diablo predator 2 platinum for my 2006 300c and installed the diablo 91 tune to my car had everything turned off AC,lights,radio ect and it said tune installed fine.

Car was hard to start but fired up after 5 seconds or so and when it did the fans were constantly running and the check engine light was on.

So I shut it down after letting it run for a minute or two and flashed it back to stock and went to turn the key and it would not start no click, no turning over or anything.

All lights, radio and everything works just like it should, checked fuses, relays and battery and everything is fine.

So I called diablo and they had me plug my tuner into my PC so they could read the file and said my PCM was corrupted so they had me send them my PCM and the tuner to them so they could bench test it and flash it back to stock.

Received my PCM the next day and reinstalled it into my car and it's still doing the same thing. So I called diablo back and told them and they said the PCM was fine when their technician looked at it and that it shouldn't be the problem and they dont know what it could be.

Kind of at a loss here on what to do should I just junk the PCM and get a new one? Where would a good place to get one be without giving life and limb to the dealer for one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
146 Posts
Didn't realize you were still having this problem. After your last post on the other forum a week ago, I assumed you were going to get back with Diablo, since it's obvious that their product caused the problem.

You've got quite a few options.

Put Diablo on the spot for this. Explain to them that it looks like their tuner fried your PCM and they need to send you out both a replacement PCM and a tuner. That's how I would deal with it.

Have it towed to an independent shop and watch their eyes spin and come up on "Jackpot".

Have it towed to a dealer, where you can at least enjoy a cup of coffee in the lounge while their eyes spin and come up on "Jackpot".

Buy a used PCM for cheap and try to flash it yourself using AlfaOBD or something similar. Not for the faint of heart.

Buy a "rebuilt" PCM and install it yourself.

I'd recommend option #1.

Whichever way you decide to go, it's a good idea to check the PCM connectors and wiring carefully, and make sure your vehicle grounds are solid. May as well load test the battery and alternator as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir lol, still the same problem going I had it towed up to the shop my stepdad works at.

Diablo swore up and down the pcm is fine and nothing is wrong with it they did send me a newer tuner they sent me the intune i3 which was more expensive and supposedly better then the one I bought. Their whole "it's the risk you take when you do these things" stance (which I agree with) made it seem like they knew nothing more but asked if I found a solution to my problem to let them know.

My Step dad used his code reader which is way better then the 40 dollar walmart one I have and said he was getting the codes I was getting after mine wouldn't read the codes anymore after I cleared them.

I'm thinking I might just get a refurb from car computer exchange since I can get one for $275 that's vin programmed to my car and comes with a lifetime warranty if I send them my pcm if the one I get from them works.

I've read really good things but also read a few bad stories about them as well through reviews but I figure I'd rather take a shot for less then $300 then spend more then a grand at the dealership for sure haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's a good option. Plus you have a mechanic in the family for advice. By any chance, is he willing to flash a junkyard PCM for you? That'd be much cheaper. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he would if he could they dont get into all that stuff they do like the basic type of stuff like tires, break and alignment stuff. They dont get into pcm's and stuff like that he may know who does though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts